criticism

Complaint Review: Take Care Health

• Submitted: Wed, December 19, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, December 19, 2012

• Reported By: incrediblyincompetent — Fort Lauderdale Florida United States of America
Take Care Health
601 Eash Commercial Blvd. Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Take Care Health Incompetent and Fraudulent Billing Department Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The NP was extremely nice and competent, but I will never go back due to the incompetence and dishonesty of the billing department.  I had two visits, and each time it was confirmed that my copay was $20.  I paid the copay for the first visit, and I was told that I would be billed the $20 copay for the second visit.  A couple months later, when I received my first (and only) statement), it indicated that the copay was $50 for each visit, the amount I would pay if I saw a specialist.  I called the billing department and then my insurance company.  Unfortunately, I have awful Aetna insurance, and they consider a NP to be a specialist!

Incredible, considering there is no doctor on the premises.

I sent the balance of $80 to Take Care Clinic nearly three months ago.  Since then I have received multiple phone calls from their collections department.  I received a letter two months ago stating I owed $30; there was no statement, no explanation of what the balance was for, and no account number included in the letter.

This month I received another letter (and still no statement, explanation, or account number) stating I owed them $160!  I called and asked for a supervisor, who was completely clueless.  She had no idea how they arrived at the $30 and $160 balance totals. She stated that they had credited my account with the $80 payment five days earlier, which was over two months after I had sent it, and that I now I had a zero balance.

Somebody please buy these people a calculator and a conscience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2012 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Take-Care-Health/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33334/Take-Care-Health-Incompetent-and-Fraudulent-Billing-Department-Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-984641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Take Care Health