Complaint Review: Take Shape For Life

• Updated: Sun, February 03, 2013

• Reported By: Kirsten — Warwick New York United States of America
Take Shape For Life
11444 Cronhill Drive Owing Mills, Maryland United States of America

Take Shape For Life Signs you up for automatic renewals and charges your bank account or Credit Card without informing you!!! Owing Mills, Maryland

*Consumer Suggestion: Automatic Shipments

*UPDATE Employee: Oversight? Definitely. Ripoff? Not at all.

*Consumer Suggestion: Not TSFL's Fault...

Originally I did order a 5 week order of their food, which by the way is atrocious, and their rep informed me I would get free shipping and a free week of food.  What was not mentioned however, was that she was signing me up for an automatic refill and reship of five weeks of food.  So, my bank was charged another $313 for a shipment of food I did not order.  So, they charged my bank account on July 9th, and just credited back on the 19th!!  How dare this company take money from my bank without my permission to do so.  Their reps are obviously irresponsible and deceiving.  Be very careful if you do decide to order their powder food, you my get more than you bargained for, but you will lose weight running around trying to get your money back!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2011 06:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Take-Shape-For-Life/Owing-Mills-Maryland-21117/Take-Shape-For-Life-Signs-you-up-for-automatic-renewals-and-charges-your-bank-account-or-755089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Take Shape For Life

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Automatic Shipments

AUTHOR: patty - (United States of America)

I have been using the automatic shipments with TSFL for a long time.  When I signed up for this, I talked to someone at the company, stating I was worried I would not want to have an automatic shipment every 4 weeks.

They explained there is a box that indicates when you want your next shipment, if you do so at least 3 days before the order is automatically placed.  When you initially order, you need to set up a username and password with your coach.  When ready to place your second order, you sign in and then click on 'My Account'. There is an 'Order Information' box, which allows you to change the date you want your next shipment, and also change the products you want in that order.  You do have to order over a specified amount to get a free week of products, in the first two months.  You do not have a choice in what the free products are,but the rest of the order is up to you.

There has been times when I have not needed a new order for 6-7 weeks.  As long as I remember to go in and change the order date, I have never had a problem.  I was told that when I want to stop automatic shipments, I just need to call ahead of time....which should be easy since you could keep postponing the order until you are sure you are taken off automatic payments.

You do not have to sign up for automatic shipments.  This offer. BeSlimClub, allows you to have a free week of products for each of the first two orders.  Once you have been with the club for a certain amount of time, and you order over a certain amount, you get free shipping and handling.

It's too bad this was not explained to you, as it was to me.

Oversight? Definitely. Ripoff? Not at all.

AUTHOR: Jacob A - (United States of America)

I appreciate the sentiments of this report because it addresses, at the very least, an oversight committed by an inexperienced Health Coach. What happened is this: The Health Coach signed you up for the BeSlim Club; this is how you received your free week of food, your 5% discount right off the top of the full price and free shipping. You were not told that part of the deal is that you agree to the automatic 30 day cycle of shipments. I make certain that ALL of my clients learn two things: 1) They can cancel at any time without any penalty, 2) They can postpone the date or hasten the date of processing very easily (and I show them how). It is unfortunate that you were not told about how the auto-ship works. But I can assure you, this is not the policy of TSFL or its Health Coaches. By the way -- regarding the food, I found it nothing short of miraculous that I could eat it and not feel hungry. Quite truthfully, it blew my mind. I lost 50 lbs in 14 weeks and it was SO easy. So sorry for your bad experience. I don't have to tell you how wonderful my experience was, but the real kicker is that TSFL teaches you how to keep the weight off. I lost those 50 lbs over 2 years ago. And I have helped over 100 clients do the same thing.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Not TSFL's Fault...

AUTHOR: tovlakas - (United States of America)

Your situation is tragic, but could have easily been avoided by being a responsible consumer. First of all, Take Shape For Life isn't responsible for this mishap, the representative is. Remember, TSFL doesn't employ these people and thus has no direct control over how these people act. That being said, the blame partially rests on your shoulders as well.

You should always check things to verify instead of taking someone's word for it. You should have signed into your account on the rep's TSFL website (TSFL emails you your username and password when you first order your food) and checked your order, which would have made it very apparent that you were on the autoship.

That being said, TSFL (the company, not the rep) is EXTREMELY responsive and helpful when it comes to canceling and/or returning orders, so I'm not sure what your complaint is really about. Perhaps you should refile a rip-off report about the individual rep instead, since representatives are considered "independent business owners" by the company and thus are fair game when it comes to reports like this.