Complaint Review: Takhar Collection Services Ltd.

• Submitted: Wed, January 18, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 18, 2012

• Reported By: Melanie — Modesto California United States of America
Takhar Collection Services Ltd.
1623 Military Road Suite 537 Niagara Falls, New York United States of America

Takhar Collection Services Ltd. Fake Claim Niagara Falls, New York

TCS left a message on our phone and listed their website.  They said the matter was urgent so I looked them up on the internet, typed in my phone number and zip code so I could view a letter from some creditor we never dealt with (The Good Cook) with an outstanding balance of $87.48.  What made all this look suspect was the absence of any creditor contact information or supporting  documentation such as invoices or proof of delivery.  I don't even know what was purchased (a book? a video? catering services? cookware?).  I was only provided a claim number (21123480) and the following instructions:  (Bank of America Direct Deposit Information) At any Bank of America branch, make a deposit payable to:
Takhar Collection Services Ltd.
Deposit to Account # 004838686304
Routing/Branch # 021000322
Credit Memo Line 21123480
Deposit Amount: ________
and then I'm supposed to call 1-800-620-0371 to report my payment.
I prepared a statement to challenge the claim, tried to fax it several times using the number provided in the TCS letter and it never went through.  Then I got online again to look up company information and found similar complaints reported here. I nearly got sucked into this scam myself.  They aren't sure about your phone number and address until you confirm it - they're going off a version used for mass mailing.  Regrettably, I took this first step but at least I didn't try to send money.  Hope I don't have to deal with "aggressive collection agency" calls from these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2012 11:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Takhar-Collection-Services-Ltd/Niagara-Falls-New-York-14304-1745/Takhar-Collection-Services-Ltd-Fake-Claim-Niagara-Falls-New-York-824957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Takhar Collection Services Ltd.