specimen

Takhar Group
Niagara Falls, New York United States of America

Takhar Group calling leaving messages to cal back Niagara Falls, New York

*Consumer Comment: Its a scam

I have been getting harassed for many months now. Leave messages on my vcmail to contact them back. I am now getting them on my cell phone. I called at work, & it sounded like they were foreigners-outsourced. That in itself, was not legitamate. After I asked for another paper trail before I even decided to give them info, they said, Oh no , passed collections , wont send another invoice. Found that as a Red flag, where my acount was for Columbia dvd club oh From about 15-20 yrs ago. Which I know was paid for already. I doubt kept paper trail from that far back, but when I googled their website, all the scams came up, plus I already had red-flag  going up. They wanted me to make payment  with additional $.00 charge to do so. I told the supervisor Nicole, I will research my invoice, look into it, resolve it at that time. Hung up. Not after all the other reports, this will never end & for what??? $93.36 from 15-20 years ago-paid for already!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2011 11:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Takhar-Group/Niagara-Falls-New-York-/Takhar-Group-calling-leaving-messages-to-cal-back-Niagara-Falls-New-York-768239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Takhar Group

Its a scam

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

This is a scam.  There are certain red flags here.

1.  They will not show any paperwork to substantiate the debt.  Any reputable company would provide proof of the debt.  You should tell them that no payment will ever be made without documentation of the debt.

2.  You may well have once owed a debt to Columbia DVD, but if it is 15-20 years old, it is well past any statute of limitation.  The original company has long since written off the debt, and these scam companies buy that debt for pennies on the dollar.  They hope to scare people into paying the debt by either making threats or tacking on huge penalties that they are willing to waiver.

3.  Any penalty claimed without a signed consent or agreement on your part is not enforceable in a court of law.