Complaint Review: Talecris Plasma Center

• Submitted: Mon, June 11, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, June 11, 2012

• Reported By: Bianca — Pharr Texas United States of America
Talecris Plasma Center
600 South Bicentennial Boulevard, McAllen Mcallen, Texas United States of America

Talecris Plasma Center Bad service, did not know how to properly draw blood, unkind and rude Mcallen, Texas

When I saw the ad on tv, they said I would receive 90 some dollars my first donations. I didn't find out till long after 3 hours it was 40 the first and about the second. As soon as I can through the door must of the areas was either really quite or have attitude for no apparent reason.

After waiting forever, and having a long physical, they called me to a chair. In all my times donating plasma this was by far the worst experience I ever had! I normally donate with the United Blood Services which is always something I look forward to and is quite pleasant. For the first time ever, the man attending me had trouble locating a good vein, which is quite a surprise since all the doctors and nurses I've seen tell me I have great veins for giving blood since you can see them to clearly.

Then he marked my arm with a pen to know where some good veins where. Then after moving the needle around to actually try to find one, he took the longest time to set up when he noticed the huge lump in my arm from the build up of blood. He then poked my other arm and for the first time ever I got extremely sick while donating. It got hard to breathe, my whole body got cold then my face got hot. They had to make sure I didn't pass out. While I threw up, they elevated my feet. At United Blood Services things like this never happened.

Plus when I got out I found out they had kicked out my grandmother and younger sister outside to wait in 100 degree heat! I understand that children under 18 are not scooted inside but I thought maybe they allow them wait in the other lobby because of the heat. But instead the security severity guard stood outside the front door eyeing them to make sure they didn't go in.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2012 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Talecris-Plasma-Center/Mcallen-Texas-/Talecris-Plasma-Center-Bad-service-did-not-know-how-to-properly-draw-blood-unkind-and-r-895991. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Talecris Plasma Center