Complaint Review: Talent Hunter

• Submitted: Fri, July 11, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, July 11, 2008

• Reported By:Lithia Springs Georgia
Talent Hunter
4335 Van Nuys Blvd. Suite 303 Sherman Oaks, California U.S.A.

Talent Hunter Charged me for something that was supposedly FREE Sherman Oaks California

I found Talenthunter.com using a well-known search engine. Eager to break into the biz, I was excited to find a website with access to auditions and casting directors. So, I made my standard profile. It didn't cost me anything.

After having my account for about a day, I received an email from a "casting director" wanting me to audition for a commercial. However, Talent Hunter does not give standard account users the ability to receive and send messages on the site; only GOLD members are capable of doing such...

The site allowed me to receive a three-day trial for $1.99 and I didn't think anything of it after I gave my check card information.

After the three day was up, I decided that the site was not really all that great and that I wanted to cancel my membership. So, I searched the very disorganized website and found the cancellation request email address. I emailed my request and it emailed an automated message giving me the option to delete my account. However, it also offered me 30 FREE, I repeat, FREE days of the Gold membership. So, I decided "What the hey" and I agreed to it.

A week later while I was out with a friend, I called my checking account to make sure I had enough money available. I was startled to find out that I was $30 poorer. My first thought was that I may have had an overdraft fee. So I called my mother, who called the bank to see what the problem was. She called me back and told me that it wasn't an overdraft fee, but TALENT HUNTER, which she had warned me about, charged me $29.99.

When I got home that evening, I emailed the cancellation request address. I never got a response. I emailed the next day; no response. Frustrated, I searched the website for contact information. I called three times; no response.

Reading all of the other posts, I realize that I'm not getting my money back and it makes me very infuriated and embarrassed. I have never been bamboozled like this!

BEWARE OF TALENT HUNTER!

Jake
Lithia Springs, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2008 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Talent-Hunter/Sherman-Oaks-California-91403/Talent-Hunter-Charged-me-for-something-that-was-supposedly-FREE-Sherman-Oaks-California-350079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Talent Hunter