Talent Rock has a big splashy ad on the web. They hold talent"competitions" several times per year in Las Vegas and in Orlando.
Lou Pearlman who is the pied piper of this organization has been sued more than the entire Gambino family! His own lawyers sued him to get paid the 16 MILLION dollars he owed them for representing him against The BackStreet Boys and N'Sync.
Here's the pitch.
1. you log onto thier web site stating that you would like more information.
2. An "agent" calls you a prescreens you asking for refrences and about your talent. He is telling you the whole time how great you are and you are "just what they are looking for".
Now, once your refrences check out then his superior will call you.
3. Another agent calls at the appointed time that the first agent called and , SUPRISE SURPRISE! You are so perfect, funny, great, etc. Yeah right, if you were all that you would already be famous and have work.
4. Now once she/he has you hooked then another person gets on the phone and expects you to place a minimum deposit of $300.00 on a "Competition" that will cost you $1995.00 for the "basic" package or you can pay $2995.00 and get the deluxe package that includes 2 extra nights and a networking party as well as dinner with Lou Pearlman ( my heart be still) and that needs to paid as soon as possible after the $300.00 is put down first if you can not pay the whole thing at one time.
5. Then you get to reservation agent and he/she books your entire fun expierience in making money from other people's dreams and talents or thier delusion of talent , whatever the case may be.
Now that's how this works. I pay no one money upon high pressure demand and that is what this is. I'm glad I don't because when I checked these guys out I found this is just one of many rip-offs that Pearlman and his buddies have been involved in.
Work the clubs if you are a comic like I am . get a coach if you are singer, dancer, actor, model. Go through the cahnnels they way they are. There are no short cuts to hard work and preserverence.
For goodness sake give them no money and read the other reports that are on here.
Curtis t. and marian r.