Complaint Review: Talent Shield

• Updated: Tue, January 21, 2014

• Reported By: Thresa — Emory Texas
Talent Shield
P.O. Box 1048, Bothell, Washington USA

Talent Shield talentshield.com TALENT SHIELD USES VERIFICATION PROCESS TO COLLECT PERSONAL DATA TO COMMIT IDENTITY FRAUD & THEFT Bothell Washington

*UPDATE Employee: Company Response

Just wanted to warn the public about a company that promotes itself as verification processors but collects personal information to commit identity theft and fraud.

I wanted to apply for a state job and thought that if I had the facts on my resume verified that it might help my resume to stand out.  But TalentShield was unable to verify my current employment, so I called them and they agreed to credit the charge of $15.94 back to my credit card account.

To my surprise, I found that they had gained access to my bank account and had the charge drafted straight out of my bank account.

Too late it occurred to me that this company was collecting personal info in order to gain access to financial accounts.

I do hope that the public will heed this warning and avoid dealings with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2014 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Talent-Shield/Bothell-Washington-98041/Talent-Shield-talentshieldcom-TALENT-SHIELD-USES-VERIFICATION-PROCESS-TO-COLLECT-PERSONA-1117292. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Talent Shield

Company Response

AUTHOR: Consumer Communications - ()

Regarding information collection: In connection with an authorized employment or tenant screening of an applicant, personal information must be provided by the applicant about the applicant. We use this information only for the purpose of performing the authorized screening, and conduct such screening in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. We do not use this information for any other purpose.

Regarding how we use personal information to fulfill an applicant’s transaction request:  If you request something from us we will use the personal information you provided to fulfill your request. To help us do this, we will share information with service providers to help us bring you the products and services you requested, including financial institutions for credit card processing. These third parties are prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose. We also require these third parties to maintain your personal information in the strictest confidence.

Regarding information security: The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information including credit card number on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow the industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure; therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.

Here to help: Customer Service: mailto:[email protected], Chief Privacy Officer: [email protected]