Complaint Review: Talk America Intralata

• Submitted: Wed, January 17, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, January 17, 2007

• Reported By:Woodstock Georgia
Talk America Intralata
2704 ALT 19 Palm Harbor, Florida U.S.A.

Talk America Intralata charges of $337.95, ripoff Palm Harbor Florida

I have had phone services with Talk America for several months now, and my monthly bills average around 50.00. I also had AOL dial up through this phone service. In October 27th, i decided to cancle my services and go with Bell south.

I later recieved a final bill from Talk America for Intralata charges totalling $337.95. When I contacted the 800 number they said they would investigate the number and someone would be in contact with me. one week went by and I didnt' hear anything, so I called again. They said that the charges were ligit and they would not credit my account. I decided to call the one number that I was being charged more than once daily for several mins of comunicating. The number gave me beeping noises. Almost like a fax machine, but wasn't a fax number.

I had one representitive tell me that she thought it could be my internet. So i contacted AOL, they went through the steps with me and they show no charges totalling that amount. They said i would need to contact my phone company and work out the problem with them.

I contacted an attorney and he said that he would take care of it (free of charge). But he hasn't cleared it up, they are still calling me. I want to expose them and this scam they have going on. They can charge me for Intralata charges, but no one can explain what that charge is for. I don't know what else to do.

Tracy
Woodstock, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2007 09:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Talk-America-Intralata/Palm-Harbor-Florida-34683-2639/Talk-America-Intralata-charges-of-33795-ripoff-Palm-Harbor-Florida-231168. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Talk America Intralata