- Report: #23080
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Talk America Long Distance
Talk America Long Distancehttp://www.Talk.com Jackson, Mississippi U.S.A.
Talk America Long Distance Talk.com rip off and litigation ripoff business from hell Jackson Mississippi
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
On or about August, 2000, my grandmother, contracted with Talk.com for telephone service based on exposure to advertising from Talk.com. The telephone number is xxxx. The account number I have per Talk.com records is 21130069.
2) That same week, she received a better offer from Bell South Telephone and Talk.com was notified via email, letter and telephone to terminate the service contract that Ms. XXX had with Talk.com. Concerning this event, I have personal knowledge, as I sent the letter and email, which I have archived. The calling plan contracted with Bell South Telephone allowed Ms. XXX to call anywhere in the state of Mississippi for one flat fee of I recall, $49.00.
3) During and while contracted with Bell South Telephone and after the contract with Talk.com was terminated, Talk.com continued to bill for phone service that was provided by Bell South Telephone and the records from Bell South Telephone and your client reflect the same.
4) Talk.com continued to fraudulently bill XXX for the sum of $449.47 and to make harassing calls to XXX after being provided documentation in writing that the bill was being disputed and after telephone conversations by several persons, myself included, with personnel employed by Talk.com at telephone numbers provided on the letters sent by Talk.com headed, " PAST DUE NOTICE".
Ms XXX is in the area of 90 years of age. These letters threatened SUSPENSION OF HER TELEPHONE SERVICE. As you should know, this caused Ms. Raley a great deal of anguish. Also, this is in violation of the Federal Fair Debt Collection Act and State and local law.
5) This pattern of conduct continued, undiminished, by Talk.com and to complicate matters I, personally, started receiving billing from Talk.com for account number, 27916057-8. The date on the statement I have before me is 10/20/00. I have not had nor will I EVER have an account with Talk.com. On or about or about December 10, 2000, I spoke with Christine A Meier, an employee of Talk.com. Her address is identified as TALK.com Holding Corp. 6805 Route 202, New Hope, PA. 18938. Ms. Meyer indicated the problem (s) had been resolved and she asked for a telephone number wherein I could be reached later in the day. She was provided with the telephone number of Eric XXX, Attorney at Law, XXX, MS., 601-XXX, where I would be assisting with a deposition. Shortly before Christmas, the telephone of Atty XXX was "slammed" to Talk.com and Mr. XXX received a bill for $449.47.
6) Ms.XXX, an employee of Eric Tiebauer, contacted Talk.com and protested this bill sent to Mr.XXX and the "slamming" of the office telephone account. Shortly thereafter, Ms. XXX personal telephone was switched to Talk.com and she was billed for a sum of, I recall, $449.47.
I have conversed with several people that have had their phones, " slammed" by Talk.com. Apparently this is a standard business practice of Talk.com
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2002 11:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Talk-America-Long-Distance/Jackson-Mississippi-39232/Talk-America-Long-Distance-Talkcom-rip-off-and-litigation-ripoff-business-from-hell-Jacks-23080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.