Complaint Review: Talk America

• Submitted: Thu, January 03, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, February 12, 2002

• Reported By:Miami FL
Talk America
2704 19 North Palm Harbor , Florida U.S.A.

Talk.com -Talk America accounting is very creative improper billing ripoff.

November 2000 began the phone service just fine. Each bill was paid as received. When the bills began a balance due for $0.9, one month and $0.23 the next, I called to straighten out the problems. They couldn't verify the correct charges or send me the proper billing.

Suddenly in June I had a balance due for $370.77 and still without any backup corrected bills. After many more calls to supervisors to get corrected bills, which I agreed to pay, I got envelopes and more envelopes of bills, none of which showed my previous payments or the corrected amount owed. I stopped the service.

I kept calling and finally paid an amount to cover the two bills we could figure out. This left three for the months of March, April and May which their own bill copies together show a credit of $1.45 but they show a balance of $449.34. Now they are threatening my credit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Talk-America/Florida-34683/Talkcom-Talk-America-accounting-is-very-creative-improper-billing-ripoff-10569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Talk America