Complaint Review: Talk America

• Submitted: Wed, February 23, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, February 23, 2005

• Reported By:Silver Spring Maryland
Talk America
2704 Aternate 19 Palm Harbor, Florida U.S.A.

Talk America Ripoff world class bait and switch experts Palm Harbor Florida

Yes, I got baited and switched by this company. I suppose it's the American way these days. The added surcharges and taxes, that they don't tell you about until you see the bill, were almost as much as my "discounted" total bill. They did not save me a single dime. In fact, it wound up costing me more not only in billing but in time calling them back and putting up with their harassing calls (by the way, when you try to answer, there's no one there, it's just a recording); doing all the switching back and forth of phone companies; AND having to write in this Rip-Off Report. I discontinued my service on almost exactly at the 1st invoice date's final day but now they still want me to pay 39.99 for the next month, too. That's after they so noblely removed $14.00 for that month. These are total scam artists that prey on people with their smoke and mirrors of charges. I wasted so much time on them. I think they should pay ME.

Jeanne
Silver Spring, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2005 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Talk-America/Palm-Harbor-Florida-34683-2639/Talk-America-Ripoff-world-class-bait-and-switch-experts-Palm-Harbor-Florida-132527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Talk America