• Report: #193066

• Submitted: Wed, May 24, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, May 24, 2006

• Reported By:westerville Ohio
Talk America
2704 Alt 19 North Palm Harbor, Florida U.S.A.

Talk America 17.95 deal does not exist? changed my bill back to 19.95 ripoff Palm Harbor Florida

Ok its $2 a month not that big of a deal some would say. But I signed up before 6/16/06 like the flier said to receive the 17.95 price. I did not sign up for any extras as its just a dialup line for my computer. I went though the 3rd party check and at the end she said "ok you have signed up for the simple savings plan at 19.95 and your service will be connected in a few days. before i could protest she hung up.

I called back and spoke to a supervisor and he went head and resigned me up again and said i would get the other rate. Went to the 3rd party and all she said is to enjoy my new service. OK then I got the welcome letter the next week and called to check my price. 19.95 I said that is not what I signed up for they said they did not have a 17.95 plan and that they never have. I said it was pretty weird since I was holding the flier in my hands at the time. She asked me to fax or mail it in!

I could not belive they did not have there own ads at the call center and had no idea of the prices they were sending out. Luckily I had kept the paper if I would have waited until I received my first bill 30 days later I may have trashed it.

So I faxed it and called the next day and they said it would take 3 days for them to get it in the system. I just thought I would tell people before they have the same problems.

Steven
westerville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2006 06:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Talk-America/Palm-Harbor-Florida-34683/Talk-America-1795-deal-does-not-exist-changed-my-bill-back-to-1995-ripoff-Palm-Harbor-F-193066. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Talk America