Complaint Review: Talk America

• Submitted: Wed, December 26, 2001
  • Updated: Tue, February 12, 2002

• Reported By:Evans GA
Talk America
2704 19 North Palm Harbor, Florida U.S.A.

Talk America ripoff broken promises

*0:

TALK AMERICA called and solicited local and long distance telephone service. They promised a $39.95 monthly fee (for both local and long distance service) that included in-state long distance and 1000 minutes free each month. They promised that I could keep my same number. At first I refused, but they kept on saying I can't understand why you don't want to save money . My ususal long distance is anywhere from $50 - 100 per month. So I agreed to give it a try as long as they sent a welcome letter along with a chart that showed service options.

What a mistake.....After having service for approximately 2 weeks, I received my first bill of over $40, I never received the welcome letter. A few weeks later, I tried to make a long distance call and TALK AMERICAN came on my phone line and said that my long distance service had been disconnect for non-payment of a bill of $112.00.

When my husband called customer service to find out what the problem was, they told him that it would take 3 weeks to see what the tape said because TALK AMERICA said they never promised the service that we signed up for. After asking to speak to supervisors, and being hung up on several times. We had the service stopped. We have learned a big lesson from this experience. TALK AMERICAN RIPS PEOPLE OFF BY PROMISING SERVICES AND THEN SAYING THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A PLAN LIKE THAT. We even have the name of the person that originally called. We shall see what happens.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Talk-America/Palm-Harbor-Florida-34683/Talk-America-ripoff-broken-promises-9982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Talk America