Complaint Review: Talk America

• Updated: Wed, March 01, 2006

• Reported By:Cedar Springs Michigan
Talk America
Nationwide U.S.A.

Talk America ripoff Charged for 2 years for a service that was not provided Nationwide

About 2 years ago, we signed up with Talk America. At that time I was told they do not have the non-published/private service, but if they get it they would sign us up for it. Shortly after they got the service and started billing me for it. We decided that since our phone number has already been published, we would keep it that way. I have written them several letters asking them to publish our number and stop charging us $5.95/mo. I also talked with a customer service rep. who assured me the matter would be corrected. To make matters worse, our phone number can be found in the phonebook. I am paying for a service that is apparently a ripoff. This is the last straw for us with Talk America-I'm changing phone service, and filing a ripoff report.

Ruth
Cedar Springs, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2006 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Talk-America/nationwide/Talk-America-ripoff-Charged-for-2-years-for-a-service-that-was-not-provided-Nationwide-178813. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Talk America