Complaint Review: Talk America

• Submitted: Wed, December 13, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, December 13, 2006

• Reported By:Portage Michigan
Talk America
Tallk America.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Talk America ripoff Nationwide

Contacted Talk America and informed them that we were paying 60 dollars approximently 2 weeks ago, they stated that there would still be a 55 dollar balance, I informed them that I could pay that on on 12/15/2006 which they said was fine. As of today 12/13/2006 the phone was disconnected and there was not any attempts in contacting me via phone or mail, prior to this disconnection.

When I contacted them via cell phone there response was that they could not do anything until payment was receive..Which is kind of difficult do to not be paid until 12/15/06. When questioned why they had not contacted me via phone they had no answer, and as to the mail.. they said I should of received a notice which did not occur. Not that one could believe them since they had already been caught in a dishonest statement about my telephone being secure. Since I work until 6 or 7 pm every day, it makes it difficult not to have a phone for my teenage daughter to contact me, if she were to have any problems.

I hope Talk America can rest easily if something happens like a fire, and my daughter is unable to contact the Fire department. For anyone looking for a phone deal do not go with talk america, first they try to get you to buy in at this 19.99 a month rate when it really ends up much higher, due to a ton of other charges. I wish everyone good luck if they choose this company.

Lori
Portage, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2006 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Talk-America/nationwide/Talk-America-ripoff-Nationwide-225202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Talk America