Complaint Review: Tamara Spieler

• Updated: Mon, December 12, 2011

• Reported By: kelly790 — Round Rock TX Texas United States of America
Tamara Spieler
City Marina at Garrison Bight Key West, Florida United States of America

Tamara Spieler Owned Captain Inn in Mount Dora and Rampage fishing Charter Took money and did not refund! Has been reported to BBB & TFC Key West, Florida

*Author of original report: Fraud Charges

*Consumer Comment: Theft

The owners, Barry and Tamara Spieler of Captain Inn in Mount Dora Florida. Who are now in Key West as the owners and operators of Rampage Fishing Charters, took a reservation from us for a night they charged months in advance. The company closed their doors. Nobody called us, nobody emailed us, nobody heard nothin--until we called about three months before the trip, when we found out they were out of business. They took our money about two months before they closed and now are living in Key West. When we called them there, they demanded we prove they had taken the money by producing a confirmation email from them (a statement from our bank that they had charged our card would simply not do) and insisted they'd tried to contact us (certainly not by any of our contact info, however). All they have to do is a reverse bank transfer of $225.33. I provided an e-mail from them and bank statements. When I called Tamara Spieler she told me she had been too busy to check the office e-mail in October. Then she tells me they are going to file ch. 13. Then the story changes again to they are opening the Captain inn on Dec 1st. In every e-mail I ask for her attorney's contact information she refuses to give it to me. Then in the last conversation she said the police were invovled. I informed her good what is the officers name and your attorney contact information. She hangs up the telephone and once again refusing to give me any contact information. I can prove everything that is written. This has been reported to Better bussines bureau and Federal trade commision. I can prove everything!

The address was very long and I was unable to put the complete address on the report. I have copied and pasted below.

Rampage Fishing Charters City Marina at Garrison Bight Slip 3 1801 Roosevelt Blvd Key West, Florida 33040 305-731-3752

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2011 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tamara-Spieler/Key-West-Florida-33040/Tamara-Spieler-Owned-Captain-Inn-in-Mount-Dora-and-Rampage-fishing-Charter-Took-money-and-800091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tamara Spieler

Fraud Charges

AUTHOR: kelly790 - (United States of America)

Fraud Charges have been filed.

Theft

AUTHOR: Diogenes - (USA)

Well, reporting to the BBB will do you absolutely no good, as they are money-driven.  The scammers will simply pay off the BBB, and that will be the end of your complaint.  Just read the thousands of complaints on the web concerning the BBB.  However, you may get a little farther along with the FTC.  I don't know.

But, so far as getting any of your money back...I seriously doubt that you will.  It will cost far more than the money you lost to hire an attorney and/or file a claim against them in court, unless the Judge will award you all attorney fees and court costs involved.

As for filing bankruptcy - well, I seriously doubt THAT will happen, either, which is good news for YOU. It means that you can still go after them for your money, if you so choose.  If, however, they actually DO file bankruptcy, all that you have to do is call the District Bankruptcy Court in their district.  They will provide you with all of the facts, and will put YOUR name on the list of creditors.  If they are requesting a restructuring plan, so that they can remain in business, you will receive a monthly payment from the Court until your claim is satisfied.  You are doing the right thing by reporting them.  Word of mouth, or internet, is a powerful tool.

temporary