Complaint Review: Tammy Burruss

• Updated: Wed, September 11, 2013

• Reported By: Was totally lied to!! — Red Boiling Springs Tennessee
Tammy Burruss
1446 Hwy 64 West Shelbyville, Tennessee USA

Tammy Burruss B&R Stables Broke our contract. Lied. Horses were totally misrepresented by Tammy Burruss. Shelbyville Tennessee

Described exactly what I had to have and expected in the purchase of one of her horses. Sold me a double registered gelding with her two week trial. If horse did not work out I could bring it back and trade for another. Horse was misrepresented so I took it back. Would not let me try another horse for 3 weeks because she was moving and didn't have the time. Finally was able to look at another gelding she had for the same price which was not registered and was older. Took horse to try for the 2 week period and after 9 days, that horse bucked me off and over a fence. Luckily I did not suffer serious injury which was amazing since I am 60 years old! Took it back and she gave me a mare to try that I explained could not be marish (act up when in heat) - that I was unsure of a mare but she said that was the only horse she had for the price I orginally paid and it was not marish at all. She stated this horse was not registered and was 11 years old but was exactly the same price I paid for the first one. I had a friend call her and ask prices of some of her horses since prices are listed on her website and she quoted this mare $500.00 less than I paid. She texted me that this mare was exactly the same price as I originally paid and did not know where I came up with the $500.00 difference - a lie. After the first day at my place, I called to bring her back the next morning because she was in heat and acting like a fool, upsetting my other horses and all choas was happening. She told me 3 horses were enough and that this one was mine period. Website states that "we want you to be happy" which is a total lie. All horses are sold sound and my farrier came within the 2nd week of having the mare since she threw 2 shoes and told me she had lamanitis in all four feet which makes her totally unsound. He also stated that by looking at the  mare's teeth, she was at least 15 years old. All of her horses come with negative coggins and she never sent one on this mare and it's been months since she stuck me with her - another lie. She also introduced a man named Danny as her husband and I have since learned he is not her husband - a lie, but is the man that picks up her horses from auctions in TN and KY so she knows nothing about them- another lie. Her horses are by no means quality horses, or safe horses, and are definitely not worth her asking prices. I was completely fooled by her beautiful place (which is not even hers). Steer away from B& R Stables!! Learn from my experience. I had to get a bank loan for the original horse I purchased which will take 3 years to pay off and I never received my forever horse. If I sell the mare she said was mine, I will probably not be able to get even a third of the money I spent with her. Please learn from my mistake and do not trust Tammy Burrus! If you question this report, just ask around.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2013 12:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tammy-Burruss/Shelbyville-Tennessee-37160/Tammy-Burruss-BR-Stables-Broke-our-contract-Lied-Horses-were-totally-misrepresented-by-1083645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tammy Burruss