Complaint Review: Tammy Chancey - Jay Chancey

• Submitted: Sat, January 19, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 04, 2012

• Reported By:morgan hill California
Tammy Chancey - Jay Chancey
1206 Old Bell Lake Rd Douglas, Georgia U.S.A.

Tammy Chancey - Jay Chancey Selling very sick puppies Douglas Georgia

*Consumer Comment: I agree

*Consumer Comment: Mange

*Consumer Comment: Tammy Chancey, Great Breeder!!!!

*Author of original report: chancey kennel (Tammy Chancey)

I am writing this to let other inncocent people know how this couple conducts business. I first made contact with the Chancey's in July 2005. I was interested in their Boston Terrier puppies. I will not say what site I saw them on because I truly feel that this site did not know what this couple was doing! Mrs.Chancey and I exchanged some info and I checked her refferals. I felt comfortable enough to make a deal. I received the puppy in near the end of July. The puppy was gorgeous. I thanked her and went on with our life.

Well about 6 months later my puppy (Tasha) got a huge rash on her skin. It got worse, she started to lose fur and had open sores all over body. Her skin was red and hot to the touch. I rushed her into the hospital (brokenhearted). They didn't know what was wrong , let had to run a battery of tests and kept her about 8 hours. When they were done they proceeded to tell me, she has Mange. I was not familar with this condition but we did what we had to do and paid the inital $450.00 visit. Then ebery 2weeks she needed to come back and get a $100.00 dip. And after every treatment we had to lock her in a room for 48 hours.

As I have young children who could not be exposed the chemicals. That lasted 3 nonths, you do the math. I tried contacting the Chancey's numerous times. All were ignored. I learned this disease is heredity and will be around her whole life. I never once thought about sending her back. But I feel that the $600.00 I paid for her and 1/2 the vet costs would have been a fair compromise. Now that I have read more than 26 complaints about this breeder, we are terrified, and extremly angry. Please do not buy a puppy from these people. They run a puppy mill, google them, or the word puppy mill and you will be just as sad as we are now. We are now prepared to contact a lawyer. These people should not be allowed to own a dog let alone breed them. I love my dog, but do feel very ripped off. Please contact me if you have any info regarding these people.

morgan hill, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2008 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tammy-Chancey-Jay-Chancey/Douglas-Georgia-31535-7134/Tammy-Chancey-Jay-Chancey-Selling-very-sick-puppies-Douglas-Georgia-301647. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tammy Chancey - Jay Chancey

I agree

AUTHOR: Erica - (United States of America)

When I read the post about the boston terrier, it sounded very similar to what I am going through with my mini pin purchased from these same breeders. I have been very upset today as I found out from the vet that my dog has Demodex. Demodex is also called the red mange and is transferred from a female dog to her offspring when they are born. They all have the condition and it will likely "flare up" during periods of stress or when the dog ( if a female) goes into heat. The vet STRONGLY encourages you to have the puppy spayed if it is a female because like I said earlier, it will be transferred to the offspring. In response to what another consumer wrote about you should be aware if you have had the dog for 6 months that mange would occur, this is incorrect. And no, mange does not necessarily have anything at all to do with living coniditions. As I have previously stated, this type of mange comes directly from the mother of the puppy. These breeders had to be aware of this before the dog was ever sold to me. I am heartbroken that they chose not to disclose this information because I now risk facing extremely expensive vet bills to deal with this type of skin condition every time my dog encounters stress. I feel like something could/should be done to inform people not to buy dogs from this breeder since it appears from reading several postings that they are selling defective dogs. If you have just purchased a puppy from them, then give it some time before you decide your dog is 100% healthy. My dog just turned 9 months old and I am just now facing problems with this skin condition. PLEASE do not buy from this breeder. I would hate for anyone else to go through what I am going through or risk losing their pet because of something that a breeder failed to mention. I hope that this breeder some how or some way will not be allowed to keep breeding these dogs.

AUTHOR: Me - (U.S.A.)

It sounded like she was describing 'demodex'. The first break out probably coincided with the first heat or a period of stress, though that's just likely reasons. Demodex isn't attributed to conditions, but is far more common than those who first experience it think. For some breeds it almost even seems in the range of more often than not. If you catch it early enough, it can be pretty easy to take care of in alot of cases (though not all).
To the original poster - it sounds like your vet was doing mita-ban or a similar dip. It also sounds like this treatment and it's complications REALLY bothered you. If she ever breaks out again, ask him about the other treatments instead. I have seen the ivomec/ivermectin injections and the selemectin(?) ect. work very well and very quickly. I am not telling people to treat their dogs themselves! These are just injections or drops on the skin, but can be deadly if used in the wrong way and/or on the wrong breeds.Not that mita-ban is any better in my opinion :-). These are just easier, and generally less expensive. Good luck!

Tammy Chancey, Great Breeder!!!!

AUTHOR: Angel - (U.S.A.)

I just purchased a puppy from Tammy Chancey about 2 weeks ago. I am sorry to read about what happened to these other people. Actually, it was the reports that I read on this site that made me skeptical in the first place. I also decide to look into the hre licensing report with the GA Dept of Agriculture. She passed that report with flying colors. She is currently licensed...as she states on her website. After I calmed down, and realized that I really wont be able to trust any breeder that is not in my area. I decided to still take a chance with Mrs. Chancey. Well I am 100% happy with my puppy. I decided to purchase a puppy for my 11 year old daughter for Christmas. I was VERY hesitant about getting a puppy over the internet and for shipping (health reasons). After a few conversations with Tammy I felt comfortable enough to purchase teacup Yorkie from her.. Tammy was there to answer any question that I had.... If she wasn't available that night she always called back within a few hours. She also communicated with me constantly over the email. Tammy made sure that the puppy arrived safely and everything.

I took the puppy to the vet the very next morning and she got an excellent bill of health. The dog is very happy and runs and plays a lot. My daughter and I just adore her.

I just wanted to share my positive experience!

I also had a question for this person. How can you blame Tammy for something that happened to a puppy that you had for six months. If you were a responsible owner you would have taken the puppy to the vet a lot sooner that 6 months. And if the pup had Mange...that is a result of your living conditions in my opinion.

To all the readers of this please check and see whether or not Mange takes 6 months to develop.

What I realized is puppies are very expensive, I suggest you purchase some puppy insurance and love you puppy!!!!

chancey kennel (Tammy Chancey)

AUTHOR: Mistyca - (U.S.A.)

I would like to update/correct some of my statements from my report yesterday.

Mrs. Chancey finally contacted me yesterday, after filing this report. Wow what a difference a day makes.

Well while I won't give all the details of our e-mail conversations, but needless to say I will not be getting any resolve to my problem. All that came out of it was threats to myself saying that I am an idiot, and people will find out about it.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion, so I welcome theirs. I never worry about what a person says about me! I have facts, a paper trail.

So what can I do?

I wished their family well,and suppose I will either give up, or contact Georgia BBB. Anyone hve any ideas?

Well, I suppose some people will still buy their puppies, and that's fine. Every dog, sick or not deserves a good home. I love my dog, my kids do,and so does my husband. She fits with us.

I just think knowledge is power. Just be careful about who you hand money over to. Make sure they are legit. And get everything in writing. Try not to buy a dog out of state, a lot of the websites out there are just middle "men". They do not have a way to see who they representing. Read the fine print, and ask the vet to contact you. Ask for a 12 month health guarentee.

Protect yourself, and you family.
Good Luck!!!