• Report: #319945

• Submitted: Fri, March 21, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, April 02, 2008

• Reported By:Columbia Tennessee
Tammy & Jay Chancey Kennels
1206 Old Bell Lake Rd Douglas, Georgia U.S.A.

Tammy & Jay Chancey Kennels - Tammy & Jay Chancey selling genetically defective puppies!! Douglas Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: HELPFUL INFORMATION for victims of the Chanceys

I am writing to let other people know that Tammy and Jay Chancey are running a puppy breeding kennel, that sells genetically, defective puppies! I spoke with Tammy quite a few times on the phone before I purchased my Tea Cup Miniature Pinscher from her, regarding CKC standards, and that I was looking to buy this male puppy to use as a stud for my female AKC Min Pin to breed with. I felt comfortable to make a deal with her, and purchased this male Min Pin from her in Georgia, and brought him home to Tennnessee with me. He looked fine at the time of purchase, after I had checked him over.

As soon as I got home to Tennessee, I took him to my vet for his checkup and shots, and the vet told me he was a Cryptorchid (only one testicle), and should not be used for breeding as this is a genetic trait that can be passed down to any offspring, and it is unethecial as a breeder to use this dog, and then sell those puppies being they could also have the same defect and someone could come back at me, as the breeder, about this problem. The vet told me to wait till he was 6 months, to see if the testicle would decend, and if not, he would have to be neutered to prevent it from becoming cancerous. At this time, he is now 7 months old and still no testicle. I contacted Tammy about this, and she said that her vet, says it ok to breed a dog with this defect. She told me she has done it before, and her vet says it is ok. Well...on a trip to Ocala, FL, we also took ours to another vet there, and they also told me it was unethical to use this dog as a stud....and he should be neutered. I contacted her again now that he is 7 months, and she says she has no health guarantee, and will not refund any of my money, pay for any of my vet bills, or neutering!! She acutally hung up the phone on me, and will not answer again. I faxed a copy of the letter my vet gave me, and haven't heard anything back.

Being that she has bred with other dogs that have only one testicle, she knew that it could be possible that my dog could have that defect too. We love this dog with all our heart, and would never give him for another, but beware, because what you see is not always what you will get from Chancey Kennels!! I feel like the $350 I paid for him, and the neutering fee would be fair compensation for her selling me a genetically defective puppy. I feel very ripped off because she specifally knew that I wanted to use this puppy for stud.

I now plan on contacting the Georgia BBB, and also filing a compaint with them. I suppose some people will still buy puppies from them, but beware, she knew we wanted this puppy as a stud, and now she says that she's sells her puppies only to be pets! By doing business like this, I feel they should not be able to breed dogs, let alone own one. If anyone has had any dealings with them, I would love to hear from you. Also if anyone can suggest any help in getting compensation for this problem, please contact me.

Judy
Columbia, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2008 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tammy-Jay-Chancey-Kennels/Douglas-Georgia-31535/Tammy-Jay-Chancey-Kennels-Tammy-Jay-Chancey-selling-genetically-defective-puppies-319945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tammy & Jay Chancey Kennels

#1 Consumer Suggestion

HELPFUL INFORMATION for victims of the Chanceys

AUTHOR: Helpinghand - (U.S.A.)

If you check out the website of the local newspaper Thecoffeecountynews.com you will find that there are additional victims discussing their experience as victims of these kennel operators in an online forum, I hope this information helps