• Report: #1119701

• Updated: Thu, January 30, 2014

• Reported By: Unhappy Tampa RV customer — Dade City Florida
Tampa RV
McIntosh Road Dover, Florida USA

Tampa RV Took $500 deposit January 12th - Informed that we were approved - but weren't!- still no refund of deposit Dover Florida

On January 12th went to Tampa RV (across interstate from Camping World), selected a motorhome and gave a $500 deposit.

We were notified that we were approved for the loan and throughout the week found it impossible to connect with the financial administrator or anyone because they were all at the RV show.

When we finally did connect we were informed that we were not approved, therefore, we requested our refund be returned.  We were told they were a new dealer operation, had many new inexperienced personnel and were very busy since they had sold 140 units at the RV Tampa Show.

They indicated that they only do financial transactions on Fridays -   January 17th passed and no refund.   After calling two times the following week we were assured we would get our deposit refunded.  Friday, January 24th passed and no refund.  We personnally visited Tampa RV on Tuesday January 28th insisting that we get our refund.  Our paperwork was found on a desk approved but not processed.    Even though it was a Tuesday (Jan. 28) we were told they would overlook company policy and processed what we thought was a $500 refund to our credit card.   I still have not received my $500 and upon review of the receipt they gave me I noticed the transaction was processed "offline".  Silly me for not reviewing the receipt more carefully, huh?  It seems that since we were 2nd class citizens for not being approved for the loan, this business decided to take advantage of the situation and delay our refund.

I not only question why they would process the deposit if the bank did not approve us and then give us the run-around for two weeks (or more?) which included 3 phone calls and a personal visit.   I plan to pay another visit to the facility tomorrow (since phone calls are futile) with hopes of obtaining my $500.  I guess next I will conntect with Channel 8 On Your Side.

Hopefully, everyone else's experience will be more positive than ours--- just be aware.

Unhappy Tampa RV customer   Dade City, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2014 05:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tampa-RV/Dover-Florida/Tampa-RV-Took-500-deposit-January-12th-Informed-that-we-were-approved-but-werent--1119701. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tampa RV