Complaint Review: Tampa Trans

• Updated: Tue, July 02, 2013

• Reported By: Carol Moore — Tampa Florida
Tampa Trans
814 South Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida USA

Tampa Trans They fixed the transmission ,I guess, but what did they do to make the SUV Shake and Shimmy? Tampa Florida

I was told by my local auto repair that my transmission on my Ford Explorer needed service and they recommended Tampa Trans.  I took my SUV to Tampa Trans - they had it for 8 days.  They called and said to come and pay and pick it up.  I went, I paid, got my keys and went out and started the vehicle and the entire inside of the vehicle reaked of gas and oil, the lid for the glove compartment box between the seats was broken, the driver's seat back was soaked and the entire vehicle shook and shimmed.  I was afraid to drive the vehicle.  It has never done that before.  I went back in and asked what had happened to me vehicle and Joe Handley said that it needed a tune-up when it came in.  It may have needed a tune up but it did not shake and shimmy and make horrible noises.  I was afriad to drive the SUV home.  Now I am stuck with a vehicle in worst condition then when I brought it in to Tampa Trans.  Do not go there.  You will be sorry.  It will cost you more money to have your vehicle repaired after they finish with your transmission.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tampa-Trans/Tampa-Florida-33609/Tampa-Trans-They-fixed-the-transmission-I-guess-but-what-did-they-do-to-make-the-SUV-Sh-1063894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tampa Trans