Complaint Review: Tam*passport To Health And Healthy Living

• Submitted: Wed, January 03, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, January 03, 2007

• Reported By:Long Beach California
Tam*passport To Health And Healthy Living
6836 Engle Road Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

Tam*passport To Health And Healthy Living - Amerimark Scam Fraudulent Credit Card Charges ripoff Cleveland Ohio

This company sells merchandise on the Internet under the name Amerimark. Their mechandise sales are legitimate, but once they get your personal information including your credit card number they sign you up for a service called "Passport to Health." As far as I know, there are no benefits to subscribing to this service at all. The only thing they do is charge your credit card $29.99 per month. They keep charging this service fee every month until you notice it and call them and cancel. It shows up on your credit card statement as "TAM*PTH"
When I called them and asked how I got signed up for a service I had never heard of, they said that a sales representative got our permission to sign up on the phone. This is not true. My wife had purchased a pair of shoes from Amerimark, and a month later someone called from Amerimark and asked if we were happy with the shoes. There was no mention of any subcription to any service at all.

This is one of those companies that charge your credit card small amounts each month hoping you never notice them.

They did cancel my subscription and offered to refund the last two charges (they said I had only been charged twice), but when I checked further I had been charged five times for a total of almost $150. I called them back and told them I wanted all five charges refunded. They said they would, but so far the credits have not appeared on my credit card account. I am giving them to the end of the month and if not refunded, I will then report them to my credit card company as fraudulent charges.

Long Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2007 08:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tampassport-To-Health-And-Healthy-Living/Cleveland-Ohio-44130/Tampassport-To-Health-And-Healthy-Living-Amerimark-Scam-Fraudulent-Credit-Card-Charges-228585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tam*passport To Health And Healthy Living