Complaint Review: Tan Republic

• Updated: Fri, December 07, 2012

• Reported By: ANNY — Portland Oregon United States of America
Tan Republic
2457 SW Cherry Park RD Troutdale, Oregon United States of America

Tan Republic Troutdale Oregon SHADY SWINDLERS WITH ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE Troutdale , Oregon

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH!! :-)

I have recived the WORST customer service by Ryan Reeves who claims he owns 55 TR. He lied to me about a contract He gave  me stating it would end in october. I never new i needed to call 30 days prior to cancel i would have. I was gone on vacATION for about 2 weeks in october. I did not know i had to write within 30 days to cancel it because it was a 6 month contract only so i was told it would just end.

When i tried to discuss this contract issue with him and get the charge to not go through since it was not legit. I was told by him today he is a MILLIONAIRE who doesnt need to listen to my comments or advice on customer service because clearly he has millions. I told him that when i spoke with Heather in Vancouver last night she never mentioned anything about canceling in wiriting only aske if i called to cancel and i told heather NO i NEVER knew i needed to. He said he personally trained her and she is an expert and i am a liar. He then told me he can tell i am a liar because he has a Masters degree from Berkley and i am not making eye contact and my body language shows i am a liar as well. He then told me i should take a long look at myself and ask myself why i lie. We went back anf forth on this shady contract he sold me when he then said he doesnt care about my opinion in customer service because its business to him and its called AMERICA he can make me pay and still refuse me service.

WHen i asked him how he would do this he said hey i dont need a reason i am a business owner i can refuse you anytime, now are you tanning if not get out! This went on for about 10-15 minutes the entre converstation was insulting unprofessional and rude!!!  all of this over 79.00 plus tanning tax, I have not been tanning since 10-14-12 yet paid for october and novemeber now he said december i have to as well.

My CC had fraud on it so its an old card on file this is what prompted me to call last night to pay the one last payment. I was then told my old credit card will have a negative balance on it. I have spent ALOT of money at Tan republic. I would have canceled this had i known i needed to i was told by him at the TROUDALE OR location that it will end in october that is also why i never went back to tan becuase i was told October was my last month,  and when i mentioned that along with how he was talking to me he said he didnt care its all business and thats why hes a millionanaire.

He said if i dont pay it thats fine he will send me to collections and he said even if he could take the money off of there since it was a misunderstanding he wouldnt do it. He said he built and chose this system this way.  Te reputation TR already has and now this is not good business. This is a small community and clearly i need to research who i do business with moving forward. I have been swindled its like the used care sales man.  NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH TAN REPUBLIC. They are all about upselling lies to get the sale and hope you are not paying attention. Ryan who claIMS TO be the owner said that he doesnt care about the customer service because its all about money and since i am not buying anything he doesnt care!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2012 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tan-Republic/Troutdale-Oregon-97060/Tan-Republic-Troutdale-Oregon-SHADY-SWINDLERS-WITH-ZERO-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-Troutdale-Ore-972359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tan Republic

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH!! :-)

AUTHOR: Ryan Reeves - (United States of America)

Well I couldn't help but laugh when I read the comment by "Anny" (actually when I attempted to read it which was a challenge due to so many spelling and grammar errors; I mean who doesn't capitalize I and who spells knew new!?). The lady who wrote the ridiculous comment is in fact Danielle Majestic (yes that is her real name even though she was too much of a coward to actually post it) and she can be found searching Google which will pull up a newspaper article about when she was arrested for prostitution and abusing her small 12 year old son which resulted in the boy being taken from her by child services. This lady is a real piece of work and after realizing what sort of monster she truly is I am relieved that she is no longer a client here. As for her interaction with the Tan Republic salon and my personal involvement it was actually rather troubling being that it became very clear that I was dealing with a severely mentally disturbed individual. The fact that the whole argument stemmed from me refusing to let her pay her late membership dues with an Oregon Trail Welfare card is pretty sad and pathetic in general not to mention illegal for her to even attempt. No wonder our economy is struggling with frauds like this lady running around wasting our hard earned tax dollars on things that she shouldn't be. Regardless she can slander and libel a business and me personally all she wants but anyone with half a brain that reads her comment can pretty much see through to the truth. The woman is an ignorant liar and needs to "take a long look in the mirror" which I did indeed tell her to do. To anyone else who takes pride in paying their bills on time with real American currency I welcome to see for themselves what sort of business Tan Republic truly is and if you mention this rather funny comment situation to me either over the phone or in the salon I will take $100 off of any membership purchase just to prove it isn't all about business for me! Have a blessed day everyone! :-) Ryan Reeves