Complaint Review: Tan Your Hide

• Updated: Fri, February 01, 2013

• Reported By: adel — Yoder Colorado United States of America
Tan Your Hide
Colorado Springs, Colorado United States of America

Tan Your Hide Sent me to collections after my contract had expired and gave me a infectious rash from unsanitary beds Colorado Springs, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: very untrue report

*Consumer Comment: rash

*UPDATE Employee: response to contract signed

My contract with Tan Your Hide had expired and I did not wish to sign a new contract as I received a viral rash from using their tanning beds as a result of poor sanitation practices! After my contract expired they continued to request and attempt to withdrawal my membership fees from my checking account. When they failed to get the money that they wanted, they sent me to collections! They claim that I did sign a new contact which is false. Once during my contract term, I switch banks
and brought in my new debit card for automatic payments. A Tan Your Hide employee made me sign some forms "in order to change my card information". I asked if she was making me sign a new contract and she said "no, this is just to put your new debit card information on your account and this is the ONLY way to update your payment information."
Therefore, this employee must have scammed me into a new contract as they are claiming that I signed a new contract! This is a fraudulent company with several complaints listed on the internet. They run an unethical company! Their contracts and billing is a scam! They also have poor sanitation practices!!! GROSS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tan-Your-Hide/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-/Tan-Your-Hide-Sent-me-to-collections-after-my-contract-had-expired-and-gave-me-a-infectio-990633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tan Your Hide

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

very untrue report

AUTHOR: tyh - ()

First of all we do not ever continue to draft someones account for any payments past the number that are contracturally signed to do. If this member signed a 10 month contract, then 10 payments are due, and that is what we would attempt.

No rash was ever reported to us. We deep clean the tanning beds between every tan, with hospital grade sanitary cleaning solution. This kills everything on the tanning bed if there were anything to kill.

It is required to sign a new payment auto form because when ever you change bank accounts we need a form stating that, or we could not draft that account. There was a new payment form signed, AND a new contract. The member knew what was being signed, and it is clearly stated on the forms what they are. we do not EVER scam anyone into anything EVER!

There are three different forms that have to be signed on paper before we have a new contract, and all of these were signed.

rash

AUTHOR: Akheila - ()

Regardless whether they know who the customer is or isn't, they may have good sanitation products and procedures that doesn't mean that they are always followed.  I also got a rash and have stopped using the service because of this.

I would be the first person to use a bed in the morning and it would have some sort of greasy film on it.  While the intent might be good I don't think that the practices are being followed as well as the employees or the managers would have you believe.

response to contract signed

AUTHOR: tyh - (United States of America)

Since we know who this customer is, we can state clearly that the membership was not up. This person did sign a new 10 month membership, and this was not simply a change of account form. There are three forms that are signed when ever you sign a new membership. All three are signed.

In respnse to the "rash" Nothign was ever said to anyone about any rash. This sounds like slander on the internet to get a point across.  Our sanitization of our beds is excellent. We use hospital grade cleaning, and beds are thouroughly wiped down between every tan, and at closing.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC