Complaint Review: Tan Your Hide

• Submitted: Wed, July 21, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, February 01, 2013

• Reported By:Colorado Springs Colorado
Tan Your Hide
4268 North Academy Colorado Springs, Colorado U.S.A.

Tan Your Hide keep charging you when you are pregnant and can't tan anymore! Rip-off! Colorado Springs Colorado

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: tanning contract

*UPDATE Employee: to Stephanie

*Consumer Suggestion: That's a nice deal!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: To Stephanie and being pregnant

*Consumer Suggestion: Tan Your Hide didn't impregnate you... unanticipated comes

When my husband was in Iraq I decided to get a tanning membership, when he came home I immediatly got pregnant. I called Tan Your Hide and they said that they were still going to charge my account. WHAT!!!! I cannot tan and they have been charging my account since March, it is now July. I even went up there and showed them my doctor's note that said that I have been pregnant since March. Complete rip off if you ask me. I mean who does that to their customers.

Stephanie
Colorado Springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2004 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tan-Your-Hide/Colorado-Springs-Colorado/Tan-Your-Hide-keep-charging-you-when-you-are-pregnant-and-cant-tan-anymore-Rip-off-Colo-99905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tan Your Hide

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

tanning contract

AUTHOR: tyh - ()

All tanning memberships require signed forms fully explaining what they are, how long they go for, how many payments are required, and that there are no cancellations.

We do allow cancellations for military members that have "permanent change of station" orders. That si in the contract.

It also clearly states on the contract and in the tanning release papers signed that if you are pregnant that you have received the approval from your Doctor to tan. We do offer extended freezes for pregnacy, but the freeze form also states that the paymenst are still due and the tiem gets added at the time you return.

We work with pregnant women, and military ALL the time, and have many happy members.

If there is a possibility that you are moving with the mi,itary or you may become pregnant it would advisable not to sign a  long term contract.

there are many other options, that are fully explained inthe stores.

to Stephanie

AUTHOR: tyh - (United States of America)

In response to Stephanie who signed the contract with Tan Your Hide. We offer many types of memberships. You did choose to sign the long term contract. It is imperative when you sign a contract that you read what you are signing. Ours clearly states that you are responsible for the full term of the membership whether you tan or not. It also clearly states that is not cancellable.

We work with pregnant women all the time. Many choose to still tan. Some choose to put their membership on a freeze, which we offer. You may freeze for the full term of your pregnacy with a provided Doctor's letter stating the dates of the pregnancy. Still other choose to do sunless instead. The point is we work with them all the time.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

That's a nice deal!

AUTHOR: Thelma - (U.S.A.)

You're welcome! And that's a pretty cool deal ("freezing" the time). It is that kind of "leeway" that can put you out in front of your competitors. It is the makings of a great reputation for your business.

I'm glad you responded, because here, the complaintant hoped to include your business in a "Ripoff" database and cause negative exposure. In actuality, the only thing she managed to do is set focus on a very positive aspect of your business.

Looks like free advertisement to me! Good luck with your venture.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

To Stephanie and being pregnant

AUTHOR: Lis - (U.S.A.)

I have to say that I think Thelma from Phoenix stated our side of this very well. I might not have been so blunt, but well said!
The only thing I can possibly add is that we did and always do tell anyone that brings in a Doctor's letter, that their tanning "time" is not lost, and is "frozen" during their pregnancy. As long as they continue to pay, they will receive all their tanning "time" back, when they return. How many companies will offer that for you!!!!
Thank you Thelma for having our back!!

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Tan Your Hide didn't impregnate you... unanticipated comes

AUTHOR: Thelma - (U.S.A.)

Gee, Steph, sounds like perhaps you might have SIGNED A CONTRACT? And where in that CONTRACT does it say that if you get knocked-up you don't have to continue to pay? Their committment to YOU by having you sign the contract was that the facilities were available to you when you needed them.

For Christ's sake, bask in the joy that your husband is alive, that you're going to have a baby, and have a happy life. Quit expecting the participants in your life to yeild to every situation you decide to throw at them, and waive your signed responsibilities whenever the unanticipated comes your way.

This is why normal people think things through before making a committment.