Complaint Review: Tapco Underwriters, Inc

• Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By: Leila — Roswell Georgia United States of America
Tapco Underwriters, Inc
3060 S Church Street Burlington, North Carolina United States of America

Tapco Underwriters, Inc Tapco canceled my year long policy after 3 months, and refuses to reimburse Burlington, North Carolina

I paid Tapco insurance over $600 for a year long liability policy for my business. They charged my credit card for the full amount. Soon afterward they sent a letter saying that they were cancelling my policy because of a failure to submit Scottsdale terrorism form. In the same letter it is stated that "If premium has been paid, premium adjustment will be made as soon as practicable." This statement led me to believe that they would reimburse me for the insurance policy, but they cancelled the policy, and they refused to refund my payment. They refuse to reimburse me even a prorated amount. I took out this policy through my Allstate insurance agent. I agree with the other Ripoff Report author and victim of this scam that one should not let their agent write an insurance policy through Tapco. In addition, I feel that if an agent refers a customer to this company, that agent is also responsible for the rip off.

Tapco decides to change the terms of its contract with customers AFTER the fact, and if you do not agree to the new terms, they cancel your policy and keep your money. What a rotten scam. No reputable business would profit in this way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2013 09:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tapco-Underwriters-Inc/Burlington-North-Carolina-27215/Tapco-Underwriters-Inc-Tapco-canceled-my-year-long-policy-after-3-months-and-refuses-to-1021324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tapco Underwriters, Inc