Complaint Review: Tapjoy

• Reported By: Sherry — Ocklawaha Florida United States of America
Tapjoy

Tapjoy I was ripped off Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Tapjoy Customer Service

I had been going to Tapjoy for about 6 months for free gems in a game titled: "Fairy Farm". I never had any problem with them until last week.

I found an app called App Trailers offering 33 free gems on Tapjoy so as usual, I downloaded, installed and ran the app ( as per the instructions for free gems ). I liked it so much I watched 2 trailers, for which I got 5 points each from App Trailers and I even completed 1 of their offers which gave me another 10 points. I then exited this app and patient awaited the arrival of my 33 gems in Fairy Farm. Several hours passed so I decided to contact Tapjoy about the problem. I still had not heard from them by the next day so I wrote them again. Few days later they contacted me stating that they had credited my Fairy Farm with, what they called "33 virtual currency". I replied to their email and told them I wanted my gems not currency.

I further explained to them that: 1.) Fairy Farm only awards gems through Tapjoy. 2.) All of the offers in Tapjoy under Fairy Farm refer only to Gems as the award. 3.). If they had awarded me the currency they say they did, They needed to take it back and that I was not aware of it or even how much it was because in Fairy Farm when you receive a reward through an offer you have completed a banner will come up when you log in stating: "The Ministry would like to award you with this gift" ( the amount of gems is shown ) and that I had never received such notification, or any other type of notification. 4.) That I would not accept " virtual currency" as it was not in any way apart of the offer I completed. Gems were!

I have emailed them again and now they are refusing to reply. I believe their actions to be fraudulent in every way. Shame on them!!'

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2012 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tapjoy/internet/Tapjoy-I-was-ripped-off-Internet-955319. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tapjoy

Tapjoy Customer Service

AUTHOR: Chris - Tapjoy Customer Service - (United States of America)

Hi Sherry,

My name is Chris and I'm a Sr. Manager with the Customer Service team at Tapjoy. First, I want to apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced in working with our Customer Service representatives. We strive to ensure that all Tapjoy users have a great experience, and when someone doesn't - we want to know so we can work to resolve it.

I want to address each issue individually below, but we may need to collect some personal information from you to move forward with a deeper investigation into the issues you've raised. To provide that information, you can create a new ticket and respond back with your ticket number.

1. When looking in our system, I see that the game Fairy Farm uses virtual currency called "Crystals". The term virtual currency as you mentioned in your report is a generic term to describe the currency that is available in the app, and is not a specific type of currency. The reason we refer to this using the term virtual currency, is that different apps have different names for their currency.

2. I'd like to have you verify that the offer wall for Fairy Farms does in fact mention Crystals instead of Gems.

3. You mentioned that we needed to revert the virtual currency awards that were already given, however these would have been provided to you in the currency type that is correct for the game - in this instance, Crystals. If you haven't received awards for offers taken, I'm happy to look into that for you, but will need some additional information from you to investigate those issues.

4. I'll refer to the previous statements about virtual currency. Any virtual currency you were awarded in Fairy Farm were in fact in Crystals, and not an unknown/unusable currency type for the game.

For missing currency (Crystals) issues, you can always create a support ticket with us that contains all of the necessary information we need to look into this for you. This can be done by visiting the Tapjoy offer wall (logging in to your account at www.tapjoy.com), scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking Help. Once on the Help page, click Contact Support and then ensure you select the offer you are writing in about. You will need to do this for each issue that you've experienced.

As I mentioned, I'm happy to investigate any failed delivery of Crystals that you feel you should have been awarded but haven't been. I will need the information below sent to us using the method mentioned above, and then please feel free to respond to this message with your ticket number. I'll take it from there.

- Your full name (First/Last)
- Your Tapjoy account e-mail address
- The name of the offer you haven't received credit for
- When this offer was taken

Once I have this information, I am happy to assist in any way I can. Thanks for using Tapjoy!