Complaint Review: Target Credit Services

• Updated: Tue, December 13, 2011

• Reported By: Virginia — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States of America
Target Credit Services
P.O.Box 673, Mail Stop 5C-F, Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

Target Credit Services Target National Bank Receives payment in full on account, yet HOLDS account for more than 10 days and counting Minneapolis, Minnesota

I paid off my Target Visa Card in full on December 1st. On the 2nd, the payment cleared my bank, and they marked my payment as processed on their online account information. Yet, as of today, they are continuing to have a HOLD placed on my account, so that I only have a miniscule amount of my total credit limit available. This is all even though they have had my money for 12 days.

When I called, they said that they place these arbitrary "HOLDS" on accounts in case of a "charge back," but once a payment is cleared from a BANK ACCOUNT, there are no charge backs. It is amazing to me that they are treating people who pay off their accounts this way, when they are actually paying off their balances, and not defaulting. It should be illegal for them to hijack your credit while they have already had your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2011 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Target-Credit-Services/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55440/Target-Credit-Services-Target-National-Bank-Receives-payment-in-full-on-account-yet-HOLDS-808669. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Target Credit Services