Complaint Review: Target Guest Card - Retailer's National Bank

• Submitted: Sat, September 04, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, September 04, 2004

• Reported By:Arlington Texas
Target Guest Card - Retailer's National Bank
https://estatement.target.com/EStatement/Payment?app=Payment&form=forwar , Nationwide, Internet U.S.A.

Target Guest Card, Retailer's National Bank ripoff Nationwide Internet

On 09/02/04 I was notified by email that my bank returned a payment. I IMMEDIATELY called the 800 number provided in the email because I was certain that there was something wrong and that it was not possible that I bounced a check. I spoke with Hilary (800-480-8236 ext 76008), she seemed very pleasant at this point. She explained that my electronic payment had been returned and that she would correct my billing so that it would not reflect a late charge until I made the payment while I settled this with Wells Fargo.

I contacted Wells Fargo and they showed NOTHING from RNB/Target E-Payment had come through on the dates in question. I was then advised to notify Hilary that she should check for any problems that may have occured during processing...and resubmit the request. The Wells Fargo manager was even nice enough to admit that they had no letters for this type of situation but he would check it out and try to find me something so RNB would reverse the NSF charge.

I called Hilary back. I explained that Wells Fargo never received the request for payment. She told me that it was ALL electronic, proclaiming her innocence and swearing that it was all Wells Fargo's fault. So I told her that Wells Fargo had suggested that she contact her go-to person (ACH department) to investigate why the charge never came through... she became offended and a tad bit hostile, so I had to put some bass in my voice and explain it one more time to her. She threatened to disconnect the call because I was "irate".. I wasn't cursing..or yelling... but I was irate???? I then told her that if she can't deal with an upset customer she is in the wrong business. That truth obviously upset her because she became more upset and while yelling in anger she says "WE ALWAYS HAVE PROBLEMS WITH WELLS FARGO, BANK ONE AND CREDIT UNIONS".

How about that??? She admitted that they have problems with not just my bank..but with 3 of the most used financial facilities in our country. I asked for her supervisor...she transferred me to the Customer care office..which was closed.

Let this serve as a warning to all... if you use Target's E-PAYMENT and you bank with a credit union, Bank One or Wells Fargo there is a chance you may be living my nightmare.

Arlington, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2004 05:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Target-Guest-Card-Retailers-National-Bank/Nationwide-Internet/Target-Guest-Card-Retailers-National-Bank-ripoff-Nationwide-Internet-107002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Target Guest Card - Retailer's National Bank