Complaint Review: Target National Bank - Target Stores RedCard

• Updated: Wed, August 18, 2010

• Reported By: Anessa — Albuquerque New Mexico United States of America
Target National Bank - Target Stores RedCard
P.O. Box 59317 Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

Target National Bank - Target Stores RedCard Was offered a 10% discount at a Target store on July 16th if I applied for a Target charge card in Albuquerque, NM. Agreed to this. Received a Target credit card a few days later with a $75.96 charg Minneapolis, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Call Customer Service

*Consumer Comment: Okay

Was offered a 10% discount if I applied for a Target Charge Card July 16th, 2010 Target's 8710 Montgomery Blvd, Albuquerque, NM. location..  Paid cash for my purchase, wanted to "hold off on applying my 10% discount" so clerk gave me a store credit receipt to be used at a later time.  Received a credit card statement requesting payment of $75.96 for the 10% discount, which was never used & doesn't reflect a discount.  Target charged me double for applying for a credit card...this was never explained to me.  I agreed to a "discount" I wasn't told of any hidden fee or charge.  Want my approximately $60's back I paid in cash for my initial purchase.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2010 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Target-National-Bank-Target-Stores-RedCard/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55459/Target-National-Bank-Target-Stores-RedCard-Was-offered-a-10-discount-at-a-Target-store-632431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Target National Bank - Target Stores RedCard

Call Customer Service

AUTHOR: Sammy - (United States of America)

I agree with the last person, Target is not in the business of ripping off people and unlike Wal-Mart they care about customer service.

In addition, they keep good records.  I would call customer service and I am guessing they will resolve it.

Let us know

Okay

AUTHOR: JAFO - (USA)

One of three things happened in that transaction:

1.  The employee was fairly new, unfamiliar with the process, and screwed up.
2.  The employee knows what they were doing and still screwed up.
3.  The employee pocketed your cash and may have a pattern of this behavior.

You can look at your receipt and see how it was tendered, most likely credit.  If so, you need to report it to the store's manager and assets protection department.  But hurry as the video may not be available for review much longer.

It was, in all likelihood, not a concerted effort on Target's part of screw you but with the way they've been behaving lately, who knows.