Complaint Review: Target National Bank

• Submitted: Sat, April 30, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, July 30, 2011

• Reported By: Miraclelady — Gilbert Arizona U.S.A.
Target National Bank
minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

Target National Bank Target False Collection Activity minneapolis, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Call Your Lawyer

I used to have a Target Card and like so many who could no longer make the payments I filed bankruptcy in 2010 and included Target National Bank as part of that bankruptcy. My bankruptcy was discharged in June of 2010.  Today, 4/30/2011 I get a letter from a Debt Collection agency on behalf of Target National Bank trying to collect on an account that is covered by the Bankruptcy Court.

Target is trying to get money from people who are protected by the United States Bankruptcy Court and is breaking the law.  I do not shop at Target stores nor will I ever again. I notified Target National Bank more than five times of my bankruptcy and they never disputed nor did they show up at the hearing.  Now they are trying to collect on a debt that has been discharged.

I am just wondering how many other people Target National Bank is doing this too?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2011 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Target-National-Bank/minneapolis-Minnesota-/Target-National-Bank-Target-False-Collection-Activity-minneapolis-Minnesota-724096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Target National Bank

Call Your Lawyer

AUTHOR: geteven - (United States of America)

I was reading complaints on Target/ Target National Bank/Red Card before filing my mom's story and I feel dor you. My report should be posted later today & you might be interested to read about what happened with my mom and Target after she had a chapter 7 bankruptcy. I feel for you -I hope you can get this settled without too much more stress. This company is a real parasite on the nation -even ripping off the military. When this is settled, if they even whisper about leaving your account open -RUN! Get rid of them and say a prayer because they will try to rob you and anyone around you. My best advice is to call your bankruptcy lawyer -most of the lawyers who work on bankruptcies hate credit card companies with a passion and they should be able to straighten this out. Our entire extended family will never walk into a Target store again. Best wishes to you.