Complaint Review: Target Stores

• Updated: Sun, November 20, 2011

• Reported By: foolish — Escondido California United States of America
Target Stores
Fallon Gateway Plaza Dublin East, California United States of America

Target Stores Foolish once, but never go to that store again Dublin East, California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: What is Target, the low price leader?

*Consumer Comment: I wonder

I was up in Dublin to see my daughter. She said the new Target is open. I went to see it and she asked me to pick up 2 gal of milk while I was there. I did and when I got home I looked at the receipt and was shocked, pissed and angry that milk was $6.49 per gal. The local grocery store is around 3.40 per gal. I would not go to Target as is this is so out of line I'm sure there is alot more merchandise out of line. Walmart is not that for away and believe me they will get our business. We went to a party last night and I made sure everyone heard the STORY. Goodbye Target. I feel so foolish.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2011 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Target-Stores/Dublin-East-California-/Target-Stores-Foolish-once-but-never-go-to-that-store-again-Dublin-East-California-800097. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Target Stores

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

What is Target, the low price leader?

AUTHOR: MLS582 - (United States of America)

It looks plain and simple "I went to see it and she asked me to pick up 2 gal of milk while I was there. I did and when I got home I looked at the receipt and was shocked"

When I bought something - if I was asked to buy something, its not price that is important, its getting it, yet the price can be the problem.

Therefore how can target be the low price leader, as it presumes it is. Yet expect Target to be the low price leader, and several strange things happen when a person works there.

The unsung hero of the retail industry is the stocker. Stock clerks, work on the sales floor, without them, the entire industry would come to a halt. In very small stores, the retail clerks and cashiers might also serve as the stockers. In some large or the largest stores like Target they can stock and ask questions, yet are blamed for answering their questions, they expect more done than is possible sometimes.

1) The people, who do not put it on the shelves as fast as they expect - the group, are blamed, not the planning, or someone else with unrealistic expectations, getting too few people to stock the shelves, with too few hours to do it.

2) Therefore People come and go, when new people come their slower than before, do people like being insulted.

3) Blamed for being too slow, getting it on the shelves, its not what you did, its what you can not do. "your inferior." They praise and thank you, yet the fact is the job is not done, they expect it done, its diabolical, its not humane.

They tell you what they think you want to hear and turn around and do the complete opposite.
I should know I worked for them over 10 years. They LIE to people just to get them into the company.

You have benefits, yet their gone. Get it done in 15 minutes, its goal time, yet its harass you with, "what is wrong with you, your too slow." its not about lets get together and be friends and be good team members, and find some way to be humane. To plan some way to be effective and humane.

In a rush they break things, its not plan the effective humane way to do it, its harass you with your wasting our money, or if its found broke, blame someone who did not do it.

I wonder

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I feel so foolish.
- Would you feel more foolish if you read the receipt wrong?

Can you post a copy of the receipt?