Complaint Review: Target Stores

• Submitted: Thu, July 03, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, July 04, 2008

• Reported By:1059 alamitos avenue #C California
Target Stores
2270 N Bellflower Blvd Long Beach, California U.S.A.

Target Stores false information, deceitful information, terrible customer service. Long Beach California

*UPDATE Employee: That doesn't make any sense

Target's return policy is a sham, I purchase two different items with them within the last year and tried to return them and was refused. The firs was a computer game which when I tried it did not work with my computer I tried to get a refund to no avail the manager was kind of rude and did not budge she state I could not get a cash refund only and exchange, and for the same exact game because it was already opened, I tried to explain I had no use for the game as it would work right with my computer so I had to keep the 86.00 dollars game which I still have and cannot user nor sell, recently I bought two tv antennas and asked one of the associates there if I could returned either one of them if I did not need it, he said with a receipt and withing 90 days yes, I tried both of the antenas and both worked the same, so I packaged the more expensive one as well as it had come sent my wife to return it only to encounter the same problem with the cashier she would not refund the money explaining that it was open, I went in and asked to speak to the manager and asked the reason why I could not get my money and she explained the same thing and she showed me the box and it was not in the same stated we had given it to them it was crunched up and the antenna had scratches which did not have when I boxed up as it was only out of the box for max 20 minutes while I tried it, and she tried to enforce that I could only get an item from electronics as an exchange, needles to say I will never shop at target again, Walmart will refund your money no matter what, only CD's or DVD's are exempt because of copyright laws which I do understand and accept.

Megabito
1059 alamitos avenue #C, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2008 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Target-Stores/Long-Beach-California-90815/Target-Stores-false-information-deceitful-information-terrible-customer-service-Long-Be-347206. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Target Stores

That doesn't make any sense

AUTHOR: Qwerty777 - (U.S.A.)

So, you are willing to accept the fact that Walmart will not return open cd's and dvd's because of the copyright laws, but then you complain the Target does the exact same thing with computer games that fall under the exact same law? Did you not notice that the game is on CD's when you opened the box? Next time, read the box and learn to figure out whether it will work with your computer BEFORE you buy it--then you won't run into this problem again. And if its a decent enough game, you could probably sell it on ebay.