Complaint Review: Target Stores

• Submitted: Wed, July 23, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 23, 2008

• Reported By:Breckenridge,Colorado Colorado
Target Stores
PO Box 59317 Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.

Target Stores late charges not warranted ..believe to have illegal practices Minneapolis Minnesota

In February 2008 I paid an undisclosed amount on my Target bill. However, in my hurry to make a payment before the deadline I was a few $$$ under. When I received my next statement I had incurred a late fee charge of $35.00. I called the customer service number and explained my story and they politely took off the late fee if I promised to make another payment. I made the additional payment and the late fee as I was told was taken off my statement.

Now when I received my statement for July 2008, the late fee of $35 miraculously re appeared without any letter as to why. I was concerned and so I called the company and was told I was late for Junes 2008 payment, I explained I paid my bill way before the due date in June and paid more then the minimum due.

I asked to speak to a manager. A supervisor (Mike)with no last name or extension began speaking. He claimed that because I had a dispute about a purchase on my account back in February, that was why I had the late fee removed and now that the dispute was settled the late fee was placed back on my account. He said it will not be removed.
I explained that what he was saying was untrue and could be considered fraud, and he didnt agree. I dont believe he even cared that he was lying.

Connie
Breckenridge,Colorado, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2008 10:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Target-Stores/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55459-0317/Target-Stores-late-charges-not-warranted-believe-to-have-illegal-practices-Minneapolis-M-354975. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Target Stores