Complaint Review: Target

• Submitted: Mon, April 21, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 05, 2008

• Reported By:Garner North Carolina
Target
White Oak Rd Garner, North Carolina U.S.A.

Target Warranty isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Garner North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: What kind of T.V. was it?

When purchasing a TV for my home I was asked if i would like to buy a warranty for my new purchase. The sales person said that if anything happend to my new TV in the next 3 years it would be repaired or replaced.
I thought it was a great plan. So for $20.00 more i bought the plan.

Well, it just so happend that after only 10 months of purchasing the TV it just quit. I called the number instructed to call for the warranty and after much runaround and waiting I was informed that i would have to send the TV to them and i would be given a gift card for the amount of the purchase and only the amount of the purchase(not including tax).

Did i mention that i would have to provide a box and not to mention the gas and time to box up the TV and take it to the post office. Yet i would only recieve the exact amount i paid for the item.

The price of TV's has gone up drastically and i was told that they would replace my TV. Silly me for not reading the fine print. The fine print reads that they can replace my item with a gift card instead of an item of the same type. They didn't even attempt to replace or repair my TV.

I am very dissapointed and due to this and other reasons of false advertising I have experienced with Target stores i refuse to spend another dime at their stores.

I am a mother of 5 and spend lots of money on cloths, school supplies and electronics, but i don't intend for any more to go to Target !

Sissy
Garner, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2008 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Target/Garner-North-Carolina-27529/Target-Warranty-isnt-worth-the-paper-its-printed-on-Garner-North-Carolina-327682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Target

What kind of T.V. was it?

AUTHOR: Fair And Honest - (U.S.A.)

Depending on what kind of T.V. you bought, that might be why you would receive a gift card in lieu of the same T.V. With new federal guidelines and FCC regulations, all of the T.V.'s sold now have to meet certain regulations to be sold in retail stores. Target discontinued many of the televisions it has sold over the last couple of years in preparation of this federal compliance. Chances are, if you bought the t.v. that long ago, they no longer had the same T.V. to replace it with. Whether you want to admit it or not, your warranty did serve the purpose it was supposed to, since with a warranty you are guaranteed replacement, repair or refund of the item.

As for tax not being included in the refund, that could have something to do with state or federal tax laws. When I had an appliance repair, I was told what local repair shop provides repair for my appliance. I took it there, it was repaired and the shop billed the manufacturer for the work. I don't know any other reason except for the aforementioned, why you would have had so much trouble.