Complaint Review: Target

• Submitted: Thu, December 20, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, January 26, 2008

• Reported By:Dover New Hampshire
Target
Somersworth, New Hampshire U.S.A.

Target Don't try to return without a receipt!! Somersworth New Hampshire

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Target has a good return policy

I bought my daughter a winter jacket for $49.99, she did not like the color or style. I went back to the store the following weekend to exchange it. I could not find the receipt, but the Target tags were still on it. They told me that store policy is that they cannot exchange anything over $20.00 without a reciept. If I wanted they would give me a gift card for $20.00, but that was all they could do. We spoke to the Manager who looked to be about 17 yrs old, and he also said they could not do anything else. The Manager gave me the Phone number to call with complaints, but that was a huge waste of time. I spent 20 minutes on the phone just to be told that I was wasting my time! I finally convinced my daughter to wear the jacket, and bought her another one, and consequently found the reciept. All I can say is: I will never buy anything in Target with cash, or Debit! From now on, I will only use a credit card that will allow me to decline the charge if I am not happy with the service! (AMEX)

Edd
Dover, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2007 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Target/Somersworth-New-Hampshire/Target-Dont-try-to-return-without-a-receipt-Somersworth-New-Hampshire-293277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Target

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Target has a good return policy

AUTHOR: Ctripp - (U.S.A.)

If you had bought the jacket within 90 days your receipt would have been on file. It could be looked up from a check, credit or debit card, or a gift card. If had been after 90 days the jacket would not show up on any of those accounts. If it had been within 90 days and they checked all those methods, you either paid cash, or with a different credit card/checking account that you didn't have with you so it couldn't be checked. Target can't be responsible for making sure you keep your receipts on items you pay cash for, so how is it their fault?