Complaint Review: Target

• Updated: Sat, March 27, 2010

• Reported By:Vancouver WA
Target
Vancouver, Washington U.S.A.

Target return policy NOT on target!! a ripoff

*Consumer Comment: You are a criminal

*Consumer Comment: So next year...

*UPDATE Employee: you really stuck it to 'em!

*UPDATE Employee: Guest Service

*Consumer Comment: Way to go off on a tangent.

*Consumer Comment: Another clueless response

*Consumer Comment: thief plain and simple.

*Consumer Suggestion: This is the way many people live their lives nowadays. They don't even think about the loss they leave behind.

*Consumer Comment: Thank you for informing me!!

*Consumer Comment: Arrogant customers

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Try working - they want to defraud the stores and abuse the employees.

*Consumer Comment: The First Rule The fewer people who know about it, the better.

*Consumer Comment: Trying showing customers a little respect!

*Consumer Comment: Oh, boo hoo! All I can say is good

*Consumer Suggestion: Who is Defrauding Who? Target is the one coming out with the extra cash?

*Consumer Comment: Target & Walmart are Making Money Im a NAATI Translator

*Consumer Comment: CUSTOMER SERVICE....NOW DISERVICE

*Consumer Suggestion: To the original poster! right before they went to that policy, there was a news story about that very thing

*UPDATE Employee: Over my few years a Target i have seen several employees get caught for stealing money from registers.

*Consumer Comment: What about the rest of the story?

*UPDATE Employee: Cheating Other Customers

*Consumer Comment: Lee you are just as bad

*Consumer Comment: TARGET is getting a bum rap

*Consumer Comment: You think Target is not making money???

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Your lying makes it difficult for the rest of us.

*UPDATE Employee: This is WHY the gift was $29.99...

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Former Customer Service, I remember people just like you

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: You are cheating the company

My husband bought me a jewelry box for x-mas from Target. He left the price tag on so I knew it was $29.99. Two weeks later I saw the SAME box at target for $7.49! I understand things go down after Christmas but I thought the later price was closer to the worth of the box. So, I did my usual tactic for getting lower prices. . .I bought the cheaper one to return it with the FIRST receipt.

Granted, some folks don't think this is fair. However, it is no differnt than if I returned the first box and then went and bought the second, I am simply changing the order of things. In this case they only had an oval box and not a square one like my gift, but I bought it anyway since they were the same price.

My husband tried to return the second box WITH THE (first) RECEIPT and was told he could only get the sale price since it is a "seasonal item." Bet you didn't know that jewlrey boxes are only puchased in December! My wise husband didn't do the return and said I could handle it (knowing I would get the cheaper price). I was LIVID! Even WITH a receipt they expected him to take a $22.00 cut? GIVE ME A BREAK!

Not willing to be beat by a store that ticks me off I put the OVAL box in the container for the SQUARE box and went to target with the first receipt. I was expecting fit to hit the shan as I said, "this was a gift from my hubby but the box inside doesn't match the one pictured on the front." The girl could have cared less and was already doing the return before I was done talking.

So, I got a $7.49 jewelry box after all but do you think I will trust shopping there again with that lame ass return policy. NO WAY!

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Target

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Target/Vancouver-Washington-98661/Target-return-policy-NOT-on-target-a-ripoff-13585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Target

You are a criminal

AUTHOR: Chris - (United States of America)

There is no difference between you and someone who steals items right off the shelf.  People like you are why stores have to have such strict return policies.  You also cause the stores prices to rise for the rest of us.

You are nothing more than a common thief.  Spin it however you want to, but in the end, you are a thief.

AUTHOR: Watson1 - (U.S.A.)

So since you are a crooked individual that music box just might cost 39.99 because of your actions. Fraud, even though in your mind you think your are making wrong right, is why consumer costs are going up and receipts are required.

Cheers diception queen

you really stuck it to 'em!

AUTHOR: Maria3128 - (U.S.A.)

First of all, I would hope that the majority of people posting on here will get their facts straight. As an employee of Target, I often work the Guest Service desk and any guest with a valid receipt will be given the amount he or she paid for the item. For instance, the poster about the jeans. I have had several guests come in with the exact same predicament. Yet, if they have their receipt, it is within 90 days, and the items match the slip, they will receive their money. It is not the worker's fault if you cannot read the return policy.

Also, to the original poster, the reason the team member would not return the item was because the oval box has a different DPCI than the square one. (A DPCI is the number Target uses to identify items.) It was clear that it was a scam.

As to the people posting on here about "the whiners who work in the Customer Service Counter," remember that the majority of us "whiners" are college students. Intelligent, well-educated people just making a few dollars until we graduate. We DO care about company policy - in fact, that is exactly what everyone complains about.

If you give respect, you will get respect.

Guest Service

AUTHOR: Miss Cindy - (U.S.A.)

People who will do anything for a few bucks is really pathetic. I'm glad you work hard for your money, but so do we. It's not easy to deal with someone who want things their way and actually thinks they will win... and if that team member was paying attention to the transaction she could have humiliated you in front of whoever was there. It's not easy saying things nicely when you know the scam the other person is trying to pull, yet we do it. Be thankful she wasn't paying attention... because AP could have been all over you. but remember, next time it might not be the same.

Way to go off on a tangent.

AUTHOR: C - (U.S.A.)

>>>> Once again, we have someone who tries to equate "discount" with "retail". Sorry, not the same thing at all.

There is no turnover problem where I shop. The same gentleman is there in the men's department and knows what I like, what my size is, he has suggestions for ties, etc. <<<<<

And I will guarantee to you that this salesperson makes a hell of a lot more than $6 per hour, and is not accustomed to being sworn at on a daily basis because an irate customer cannot interpret the store's return policy. Such places generally have much better policies in the first place; they can afford to be ripped off now and then - UNLIKE Target, K-mart, or Wal-mart. I have never equated Target with Saks or any other such place. You are the one bringing high-end retailers into this discussion.

Well-paid, well-educated, and well-trained salespeople in upscale city establishments are not in any way to be compared to minimum wage customer service clerks who work at Target only because they need some form of income to scrape by. Apples to oranges. Give the Target clerk the treatment you give the Saks salesman, and see if she doesn't reciprocate. In the meantime, if you expect an overworked Target employee to keep track of your shoe size, you are completely insane.

>>>>> C, you need to spend a little time and a lot of money in the city and find out what true customer service is all about. <<<<

I'll make sure I do that, once you get off your tangent and try to comprehend what customer service is like in a DISCOUNT RETAIL (yes, those two words are compatible) environment such as Target.

>>>>> In fact, if you think that Target is "retail", then no doubt their snack bar is dining out for you, right? Get 'er all done in just one stop! <<<<<

When you're done flaunting your abundance of cash and "class," come back and tell me what your point is. Like it or not, Target is a "retailer," even if shopping there is beneath your dignity.

(And for the record, I will repeat what I said before - that I don't even shop at Target. Way to pay attention to detail.)

Another clueless response

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

"Arrogant consumers should think twice about their abuse of retail employees... otherwise the rate of turnover will increase to the point that no one is left willing to be kicked around by the public."

C, you need to spend a little time and a lot of money in the city and find out what true customer service is all about. I don't think you'll ever find a blue light special in Saks, but hey - if Target is your thing, go for it. In fact, if you think that Target is "retail", then no doubt their snack bar is dining out for you, right? Get 'er all done in just one stop!

thief plain and simple.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

These reports are for people who have been ripped off, not for thieves or scam artists looking for something for nothing. Yeah maybe you got ripped off but when you, by your own admission, try to steal, then you have no creditbility. You are a thief, plain and simple.

#11 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

They take the bad box and put it in the good box package. Then, they walk in and get their money back.

The jewelry box company gets hundreds, or even thousands of the boxes back. They have been opened. Used. Many of them have small marks. They can't be sold for new anymore.

So, they go to the surplus stores. Now, the box company only gets a small fraction of the normal price.

Next year, the price of the boxes will have to go up. Either that, or the box company will go out of business.

So, we all pay more because of the returned boxes. Or, the worn dresses. Or, the used digital cameras.

Take your pick. If you ever have used something and then returned it simply to get the money back, you know what I'm talking about.

People rationalize this behavior.

The box company is big. They have plenty of money. One little jewelry box won't matter to them.

It's not just one. Tons of people do this.

Some say Hey, my job sucks. They don't pay me enough. That's why I can't afford to keep the item.

Is that the store's fault? Or the box company's?

This is what society has come down to. Most people still understand right and wrong. But, they just don't give a damn anymore. They steal and cheat to get ahead. Or, in some cases, to just get by.

Then, there are the others. The people who don't know the difference between right and wrong. The predators. The people who do whatever they have to in order to get by.

Hopefully, you won't meet one of those people on a dark street some night.

This is our society. This is what America has become. Whether you're changing an $8 box, or you're running an enron, this is the kind of deception and corruption that has taken over humanity.

May god help us!

Thank you for informing me!!

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

My Aunt (who is married to a very lucrative cardiologist) buys dresses, wears them and then returns them...but I never knew she was a prostitute!!! Thank you for telling me!! Target and these other stores do take advantage of the American public but I have worked in the retail industry for about 5 years now and I am still amazed at what people will do to get "a refund"!!! They will lie cheat and steal...kind of like the people they are trying to swindle, so I say one is no better than the other!!

Arrogant customers

AUTHOR: C - (U.S.A.)

To the original poster: People like you are the reason for raised prices, grouchy clerks, and outsourcing. Come back and whine about the poor, mistreated foreign workers when you have the common decency not to cheat stores out of their profits. (Incidentally, cutting profits drives a company to reduce cost of operation instead - namely by outsourcing and paying lower wages!)

As for comments of this nature...

>>>>> And for the whiners that work in the Customer Service Counter, take some well needed classes on respect, courtesy, and attitude--- yes, these annoying customers are paying my wages.........or is that not in your intelligence range. Shut up Target Customer Service Reps and quit your whining because if it wasn't for us customers YOU would be SOL(if you know what that means) <<<<<

Get over yourselves. I have worked in various retail jobs for five years, and I have NEVER encountered a rude employee who was not first attacked by a belligerent customer. There is a borderline between representing a company and being personally abused for something out of one's control. I suggest you learn it before you browbeat any more clerks.

You know what? Yes, customer service reps are THERE FOR THE CHECK and nothing else. Give them one good reason to give a damn about any of you as individuals. Customer service jobs are horrible, demeaning, and underpaid - and incidentally, they are dime a dozen. How arrogant is it for a customer to think that their discontinued patronage (or their complaint) at a certain store is going to permanently put a customer service rep out of work?

Arrogant consumers should think twice about their abuse of retail employees... otherwise the rate of turnover will increase to the point that no one is left willing to be kicked around by the public. Then who is it that will be SOL?

As for that everpresent BS about paying the clerk's paycheck... consider that the clerk is paying taxes that support your social security and your kids' education. Consider that after the clerk's shift ends, he may pick up a prescription, pay his insurance bill, or order something from an online business. Any of these actions might indirectly support your business, and thus supply YOUR paycheck.

I don't work at Target; I hardly ever shop there. I have no particular loyalty to that company. But I find the arrogance of the average consumer absolutely sickening. Step out of your cushy little nine-to-five cubicle for a day and see how much you're worth.

#14 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Try working - they want to defraud the stores and abuse the employees.

AUTHOR: Steph - (U.S.A.)

All the people here who have never worked a hard day in their entire lives who complain about customer service think that what they want is always right, they want to defraud the stores and abuse the employees.

I realize none of you have never put in a real days work. You either slept with a man 30 years your senior for his money or mommy and daddy paid for you to go to college and you sit around a desk all day pushing paper around and harass and abuse your employees.

But on to the original poster here. You tried to commit fraud and were caught. Actually what you did by switching items is fraud.

Probably the same type of prostitute who buys a dress and wears it and then returns it.

The First Rule The fewer people who know about it, the better.

AUTHOR: Teressa - (U.S.A.)

The first rule of pulling off a heist and/or any other criminal or otherwise shady practice in order to get what you want is:

The fewer people who know about it, the better.

You, my dear lady, make a poor candidate for such activities, seeing as you broadcasted your technique across the Internet.

Good luck.

Trying showing customers a little respect!

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

K-New Jersey,

I am sure you are one of the many inconsiderate clerks I have come across in past experiences with retail stores. Don't go telling customers how to act when you and your co-workers cannot stop chit-chatting with each other about your boyfriends/girlfriends while waiting on us, your paying customers! Even better is when your cell phone rings while you're waiting on us, and we have to wait till you're done with your call to get your undivided attention.

I am by no means condoning what the original author did, but I wanted to make a point that it seems like the general consensus of the retail workforce just DOES NOT CARE. You (or at least many of your co-workers) are there to make your $$ per hour and socialize--screw the customers and the company policy.

The general consumer population and myself included are so sick of the rude and arrogant attiudes received when patronizing a retail or fast food place. It's getting to the point where I am speaking my mind when this happens, and I am glad I know they are pissed when I tell them what I think.

Fed up as hell and not willing to take it anymore. Anyone with me??

Oh, boo hoo! All I can say is good

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

The company saw through your little scheme & did not fall for it. All I can say is good! People like you make me glad that my customer service days are over & I no longer have to deal with scammers, er, I mean PEOPLE, like yourself.

#18 Consumer Suggestion

Who is Defrauding Who? Target is the one coming out with the extra cash?

AUTHOR: Angie - (U.S.A.)

How can someone say that people are committing fraud when Target is the one coming out with the extra cash? I was going to return some jeans I had bought for my husband. I had the receipt, and it was within the time line for returns, I handed them the jeans along with the receipt, and I was told that I would only be given $4 and some change back for each(I had 5) rather the the $27 I paid for them because they were a dicontinued item. WHAT???? That's my fault?

Do I care that Target decided that they were going to discontinue these jeans? So, let's see, I paid $115 for these 5 pair of jeans, because Target decides they are discontinued, I would get back appoximately $12!!!! NOW who's commiting fraud on who? And for the whiners that work in the Customer Service Counter, take some well needed classes on respect, courtesy, and attitude--- yes, these annoying customers are paying my wages.........or is that not in your intelligence range. Shut up Target Customer Service Reps and quit your whining because if it wasn't for us customers YOU would be SOL(if you know what that means)

Target & Walmart are Making Money Im a NAATI Translator

AUTHOR: Lee - (Australia)

First off, no I don't work in importation of Chinese goods, Im a NAATI Translator ( that means 3 or more languages) I don't even buy Asian made goods, unless they are made in Korea or Japan where workers in manufacturing earn a decent wage and health benefits! I buy strictly Australian, American, Canadian or European made goods. If we don't support manufacturing in these places where WE LIVE unskilled people will lose jobs and our econmomies will fail! Argue if you'd like they cost more, but hey consume less and we'd all be better off.

People who continue to shop at Target and Wal Mart are doing nothing but destroying the American Economy. These companies lie and misrepresent the working conditions in their stores. Wal Mart is the worst. These jobs pay minimum wage and Wal MArt always says they hire teens and students on part time basis, people who are already covered by their parents health insurance, lies! In small town America single moms, the elderly and welfare to work people is who they employ at minimum wage, all the while reaping huge profits from the selling of SUPER CHEAP IMPORTS. That whole "MAde in America" scandal is now forgotten by most, but not me, pulling off the "made in Cambodia" label and sewing in a made in america label does not sit well with me at all! An interesting fact to sit on if you'd like to disagree is that 1% of China's ENTIRE economy is derived from Wal Mart Business. China with its human rights abuses, China with its executions of people who debate the government, China with its government censored media, China with its daily emissions of 1000's of kilos of untreated air particles and greenhouse gases. Sorry if I have a conscious but I'd rather buy American/Western made goods where there are environmental protections, livable wages paid, and a domino effect of jobs produced than make target/walmart/kmart richer by purchasing their tenfold marked up cheap imports!

As far as the arguments on returning stuffed up mechandise, It's strictly a case of eye for an eye. Wal Mart moves in and 10 local stores close down, the hardware store, the variety store, the florist, the cheaper clothing shops, the electronics store, and in many cases smaller grocery stores, gas stations and automotive repairers, ALL FAMILY OWNED BUSINESSES! Wal Mart pops in, seperates you from your money, cuts out the competition and prices go up, accept it. I use Wal MArt repeatedly, but this means Target, Kmart and other regional discounters too. So no, I dont feel like a cheat at all, its called getting even for "locking in employees while having them work off the clock-wal mart, for continually undercutting prices on hardware to force closed 90 year old hardware shop in Connecticut-Target, for selling cambodia child slave labor KAthi Lee Gifford nightgowns-Kmart.

Return your busted items, return seasonal crap, complain to those in power, these giants have been stepping on peoples lives for years and deserve whatever small amouint of pain we can give them in return for it!

CUSTOMER SERVICE....NOW DISERVICE

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

I posted a post similar about Circuit City last week. It seems to me that most of these people working customer service are just there for a check.

There is no more loyaty or customer satisfaction anymore at most places. Let me tell you that I am one of the meanest and loudest when it come to be having a bad experience where I spend my money. These customer service people seem to be over cocky and underpaid for their jobs. I have many a time gone to a district mgr. and have him send in smomeone.

Up to date 7 people have lost there jobs along with the mgrs who supported them in there superiority. I am glad they were right, and now they can stand in line for there check and think Gee I really showed him.

The best way to get these companie to react is to voice your opinion often. Dont think that you dont count. Where does their income come from? We hold the power to determine who stay afloat. Remember a few years ago when Walmart had the Made In USA problem.

Lying about products not made here. Let me tell you that they fixed it quick because of consumer backlash. Same with customer service. Let these people spout off at the mouth. That is fine, I regularly report all problem that have made me unhappy. You should too.

If the Mgr doesnt help contact the regional mgr. I know for a fact that Wal-Mart is very strict on the complaints it recievs. Locally I am 3 other people were recieving bad service constantly from WalMart. The regional Mgr sent someone in and this Mgr no longer works for Wal-MArt. Demand 100% satisfaction. Goto their web pages to get more numbers.

Dont stop untill you are happy. To Target,Wal-Mart and other businesses nooone is too big to lose, just remeber K-mart when you cost yourselves money by not making us happy. Kmart was the biggest at one time, what now?

#21 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Att - (U.S.A.)

When Target first changed their policy to the one you're talking about, I wondered about the legality of that. It was strange because right before they went to that policy, there was a news story about that very thing. The news story said that it was not legal for you to not get what you paid since you had a receipt. I believe that to be true so if I were you, I would report it to the attorney general!

AUTHOR: K - (U.S.A.)

Target like all companis check draws and uses cameras to monitor all store activities. I am a student working a target partime and i have found that they treat their employees decently, which i feel is more inportant than constatn monitoring. Giving the employees decent pay, benifits for part timers, small parties, and other small perks discurages employees from stealing. But over course their will always be theft and no i am not shore of any specific numbers on employee thefe. I definitly feel that being treated with respect discurages this behavior.

AUTHOR: K - (U.S.A.)

What about the rest of the story?

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

K in New Jersey:

What you say is completely correct. However, what about the rest of the story? How much does Target lose through employee theft? The industry average is 4 to 1. For every dollar lost to customers (like the fool that started this thread - unbelieveable!), they lose FOUR dollars to employees. Do you happen to know what Target's numbers are? What steps is
Target taking to monitor their own house? I think that would be a valuable addition to this discussion. Thanks.

Cheating Other Customers

AUTHOR: K - (U.S.A.)

I have been workign at guest services in target for two years now and its pople like you commiting fraud who hurt not only the store but the employees and other customers. I have seen many people like you embarass themselfs and through a fit in the store over a few dollars. It truly is sad. Products you buy do not hold their value foever. Its people like you who make my job terrible. Target losses millions of dollars a year from people like you, this means higer prices for everyone else. Its just sad that you feel like you need to lie, cheat, and steal in this way.

Lee you are just as bad

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

You claim that you see the buyers for American companies in these other countries.

What are you doing there? You are probably doing the same damn thing. Ehat competitor of their's do you work for?

That is real intelligent on returning damaged merchandise that you malisciosly damaged yourself. You aren't going to reip off Target. Lets see you bought 2 items. damaged one and packeit up like it was new. returned it. Target will then sell it to someone else who may not have the balls to stand up to target and they will not accept that person's exchange. And this poor consumer has you you A****HOLE to thank for it.

TARGET is getting a bum rap

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

Lee,

It certainly sounds like you have a major grudge against Target. That is a matter between you and the company.

However, to use you own figures in you example, you said that the phone sells for $69.99, yet only costs them $15 to manufacture, $5 for shipping, and $10 for taxes and import fees. and only 25 cents to the person ringing up the purchase. On the surface that looks like a $39.74 profit. However, you fail to take into account the cost of doing business, such as overhead costs, true labor costs, utilities, advertising, taxes and other expenses born by any company. With that in mind, their true profit may be in the $10 range, which is more than reasonable. You are not looking at the whole picture.

Also, your comment about returning the telephone that you dropped in the sink was fraud. For someone to vent as much as you did concerning companies using child labor and unfair profits seems hypocrital. You have added to the cost of doing business by your failure to take responsibility for dropping the phone into water. The cost of your failure as a consumer to take proper care of the phone was effectively passed on the company, and consequently to me and you in the form of higher prices.

You think Target is not making money???

AUTHOR: Lee - (Australia)

If that Target customer is a whore than Target is the pimp.

Target and Kmart and Walmart use child labor to make alot of the cheap Asian crap they sell.

Take a VERY close look at all the products they sell, 95% are made by children or adults in near slave condtitions in China, Vietnam, Malaysia & Cambodia.

Ive seen it with my own eyes. I'm sure Target paid less than $3 for that jewelery box, then sold it to the unwitting American consumer for $30, with the CEO and his cronies pocketing the money.

I don't know why these Target employees are bitching, they surely all made minimum or a bit above wages, no health insurance, no child care assistance, nothing, just hour after hour of people returning the cheap Chinese goods they are pawning off on Americans as "fairly priced quality goods" get real.

I love the "seasonal merchandise policy" very convenient for a company to deny a consumer a refund of a few dollars because they don't have anywhere to back stock it.

I travel to Hong Kong, China & Vietnam regularly and see the Target , Walmart and Kmart buyers there, just making Americans look bad with hard sell tactics, illegal coercion etc. the company I work for now in Australia also sources overseas goods but without the disgusting "hear no evil, see no evil speak no evil" perspective the Walmart reps have in particular.

A few years ago I bought a VTec cordless phone from the Target in Mira Mesa, San Diego and dropped it in a full sink.

I went back to Target bought another repackaged the wet one and got a refund.

They sold the phone for 69.99 but only paid the chinese supplier $15, shipping $5, taxes/imports about $10 and the sales girl who rang it up less than 25 cents for her efforts in ringing it up. I feel that was fair.

#29 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Your lying makes it difficult for the rest of us.

AUTHOR: Keith - (U.S.A.)

It is disgusting what you did. I could understand it if you had purchased a square box the second time around and then returned the same item, but you obviously did not. You swapped the box and lied. You then had the audacity to come to this website and complain about it, even though you got a better price! Unbelievable.

I worked at Target between 1992 and 1995. During this time, Target's return policies were extremely generous. They reminded me of Costco's return policy, which is basically "if it sucks, bring it back." I remember a gentleman who returned a VCR box full of bricks - and Target gave him his money back. This would not happen now-a-days.

Because of people like him, and people like you, I have watched Target's return policies go from great to pathetic. I no longer want to purchase big ticket electronic items from Target because there are now 15% restocking fees. I no longer ask anyone for a gift from Target, because if I do not get a gift receipt, I must exchange the item at the lowest sale price for an item in the same couple of isles! It used to be the same department - heck, it used to be the whole store! I no longer recommend Target as a good place to have a Bridal registry after my own debacle regarding their crappy return policies.

Now we all have to pay for people like you who cheat, lie and steal.

Thanks... department store whore!

This is WHY the gift was $29.99...

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, just seeing that you did indeed commit consumer fraud that in some areas is punishable with fines and possibly jail time is just hilarious!

I work Guest Service in my Target. I've delt with people like you. Just SO you know, NO - fortunatly you can't "bilk" the system. Even if you buy two of the same exact items, one before the discount the other after, the system uses your most recent purchase. SO -- the, for example, $29.99 Jewelry box that is now $7.49 won't be returned for $29.99, but $7.49. However, since you did lie and beat the system by in all sense and purposes stoling the original item, i'm sure its pointless in saying any of this.

I wonder if the STL in the Vancouver, Washington store would love to hear what you did.

#31 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Former Customer Service, I remember people just like you

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Ah yes, I remember people just like you. When you buy an item at a store, you basically agree with the terms set forth by the company. Sure it seems like you should get your money back, but you have to realize that a corporation like target gets ripped off millions of dollars per year because people sure do like to scam. I remember people being such a damn hassle and that they would fight to the death to get their few bucks back. Eventually after listening to the person babble on for 15 min i would just sack f*ck it and give their money back.
Get a life you department store whore

#32 UPDATE EX-employee responds

You are cheating the company

AUTHOR: Lissett - ()

I do not understand why you are upset. You blatently said in the report that you intentionally were going to committ fraud, and now you are upset that Target didn't let you. this is the reason why corporations have return policies, because of people who like to lie and cheat.