Complaint Review: Target

• Reported By: Lyndsey — Charlotte North Carolina United States of America
Target
1000 Nicolette Mall www.Target.com Internet United States of America

Target Target.com Fraudulent Advertising and sales practices , Internet

I purchased a 7" RCA dual screen DVD player from Target.com on Black Friday, 2012 for my boys Christmas.  The order was listed as in stock and my credit card was charged for the item.

Approx. 1 week later, Target cancelled the order for the RCA DVD player citing "system issues" for their cancellation.  I called Target regarding my item and was told they would be happy to sell me the item again, but you got it, I would have to pay full price.  They show that they are the ones who cancelled the order, but they do not care.  I am screwed.

After speaking to a customer service representative - I asked to talk to a supervisor.  I was transferred to "Frank" who said he was very sorry, and he can understand how this may not seem fair to me, but all he could offer was an apology.  I asked for Frank's supervisor and was told no.  I asked for Franks last name and was told no.

Upon researching this issue online, I found hundreds of other complaints about Target doing this to other people.  It seems they allowed endless sales on Black Friday and Cyber Monday and then cancelled orders as soon as the "numbers" were in for those days.

I find their advertising and business practices to be deceptive, fraudulent and their customer service to be lacking entirely.  They should be held accountable for their Black Friday and Cyber Monday practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2012 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Target/internet/Target-Targetcom-Fraudulent-Advertising-and-sales-practices-Internet-981452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Target