• Report: #1019049

• Updated: Sat, February 23, 2013

• Reported By: Joe — Boston Massachusetts United States of America
Target

Target Warranty service/repair Target Warranty Fraud Internet

So in October of 2010, I purchased a new ps3 slim 120gb from Target in Salem, NH. I also purchased a very expensive warranty for the system. Two and a half years later now, my system has broken ( the GPU chip fried). According to the pamphlet and customer service rep (I had to call THREE numbers to talk to a warranty person) and this adventure started bad and ended worse.
so when I finally call the correct number, I get some Hispanic that barely speaks English to "help" me. I literally just hung up the phone and called back. Once I got somebody with a legal citizenship, I submitted a claim for my warranty. They emailed me a prepaid stamp and I sent my ps3 off to a repair center in Tennessee.
Once they got it, they held on to it for a few days and sent it back, with the warranty sticker ripped off and a generic apology letter basically saying "sorry, we couldn't fix it, but we did void your manufacturer's warranty! Sorry we ripped you off! :)"
so when I called back to ask why I wasn't given a new system, they said they told me they wouldn't give me a new one now because the warranty is voided...BY THEM!!!!!  When i asked why i wasnt given a new
one in the first place, i was put on hold and sent to their "supervisor," who told me they would have replaced the system if the warranty wasnt already voided, which it was not.
I am now out over 400 dollars between the system, target warranty and sony's voided warranty, 650+ if you want to count the new ps3 I'm going to have to buy from a different store.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2013 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Target/internet/Target-Warranty-servicerepair-Target-Warranty-Fraud-Internet-1019049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Target