Complaint Review: Target.com

• Submitted: Tue, November 02, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, November 02, 2010

• Reported By: Chris — KC Metro Kansas United States of America
Target.com

Target.com Target Corporation Horrible wedding registry experience, return policy a nightmare, gift card scammed Internet

I got married on June 18, 2010. A few weeks ago we received two wedding gifts from our registry (that's four months later). One of the items was something we had already received and another was supposed to be a knife set, but for some reason Target sent cheap glasses instead. Frustration #1.  I went online with the order slip to try and use their online return system. It told me that my return period had expired a few weeks before.  I called the return hotline and after being on hold for 30 minutes the guy apologized and said I could send the stuff back to them and they would issue me a gift card for the amount.  UPS picked the stuff back up... and I never received my gift card.  I called - was put on hold again for 20+ minutes... the girl told me that they refunded the amount back to the people who purchased the gifts. I asked to talk to a supervisor.  She told me the same thing and that there was nothing they could do except give me a $20 gift card for my troubles.  Keep in mind this was for $170+ of merchandise that I received as a gift. I told her that was unacceptable - those were MY gifts, they can't just give the money back to someone else!  Target was unwilling to remedy the situation. I vow to never shop there again - what a horrible experience. They essentially stole $170+ from me. Ridiculously awful customer service. Don't do your registry there!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2010 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Targetcom/internet/Targetcom-Target-Corporation-Horrible-wedding-registry-experience-return-policy-a-nightm-657649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Target.com