Complaint Review: Tassimo

• Submitted: Thu, July 09, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 09, 2009

• Reported By:Hollywood Florida
Tassimo
PO Box 6361 Dover, Delaware U.S.A.

Tassimo (Braun) The Empty Coffee Cup Experience Dover Delaware

My fiance' bought me a Tassimo hot beverage system as a Christmas present in December, 2007. It broke (didn't even turn on) after the first year of very intermittent usage. My fiance' did not keep the receipt, but upon a call to customer service, after giving a representative some identification numbers on the unit, she was able to ascertain that it was indeed purchased within the warranty period; she sent me a box and shipping label to return the unit so it could be repaired.

The unit was returned to me, via UPS, with a form with boxes checked stating that proof of purchase exceeds two years, and repairs will cost more than the price of a new unit. Unbelievably, also included on the form was the statement, "As a courtesy, Braun is returning this product unrepaired at their expense." How kind of them -- returning a broken, unrepairable unit and proudly announcing they're footing the bill

Quite irate, I called to complain, only to be told that the repair division only considered one number printed on the back of the unit which indicated it had been MANUFACTURED in 2006, and so was out of warranty. I told two representatives that the first employee had been able to ascertain that I had purchased the unit in late 2007 - of what relevance is it to me when it was actually manufactured and how long Target kept the unit on its shelf?? I was dealt with robotic sorry's and there's-nothing-we-can-do-to-help-you's, other than to offer me another unit that I would have to BUY at a discounted price. No thanks. So much for customer service at Tassimo.

Josie
Hollywood, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2009 11:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tassimo/Dover-Delaware-19905-6361/Tassimo-Braun-The-Empty-Coffee-Cup-Experience-Dover-Delaware-468133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tassimo