Complaint Review: Tate & Kirlin Associates

• Submitted: Thu, August 30, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, December 29, 2008

• Reported By:Independence Kentucky
Tate & Kirlin Associates
2810 Southampton Road Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Tate & Kirlin Associates Reported to credit bureau without waiting 30 days for me to dispute account ripoff Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Not a violation of the FDCPA

*Consumer Suggestion: FDCPA Violations

I started receiving calls from Tate & Kirlin earlier this month (August). I told them on the phone I did not have any knowledge of the account they said I owed them. On August 20th I received a 30 day demand letter. I have mailed them a letter disputing the account and asking for proof.

This is in direct violation of FDCPA laws and FTC regulations and they should know better. I would love to see these knuckleheads get into some hot water with the FTC and have to pay out a few million to some disgruntled people they have tried to mess with who are smart enough to do something about it. Class action anyone? I am game.

Mike
Independence, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2007 10:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tate-Kirlin-Associates/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19154/Tate-Kirlin-Associates-Reported-to-credit-bureau-without-waiting-30-days-for-me-to-dispu-271507. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tate & Kirlin Associates

Not a violation of the FDCPA

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

""Well on August 30th, they reported my account to the credit bureaus. I know this because I subscribe to a service that lets me know of any changes, etc to my credit report. They reported a disputed account to the credit bureau and did not allow even 30 days from the date of their initial letter to me. ""

You wrote them a letter that disputed the account. The Fair Credit Reporting Act requires them to report the debt as disputed (if they normally report such accounts to the CRAs.)

DO FOLLOW UP this! If they cannot validate the debt withen 30 days of the date that they received your letter, then the FCRA mandates that they must inform the CRAs to DELETE this credit line from your files.

Do NOT forget to follow up this with a letter to them.

Good luck.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

FDCPA Violations

AUTHOR: Carrie - (U.S.A.)

Most attorneys offer a free phone consultation, I would contact one. I am in the process of working on a pro se complaint on behalf of my husband. I've found no class action against these guys, they appear to be a small-time purchaser. I second the need for a class-action...

BTW, make sure you file complaints with the BBB, the FTC, your state's Attorney General and PA's Attorney General. Enough contact concerning these clowns and they will investigate.