Complaint Review: Tattoo And Body Piercing Institute

• Submitted: Mon, February 23, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 23, 2009

• Reported By:portland Oregon
Tattoo And Body Piercing Institute
540 N. Main Street LODI, New Jersey U.S.A.

Tattoo And Body Piercing Institute body piercing online apprenticeships tattoo school pay as you train LODI New Jersey

In December of 2008 I signed up for the 'pay as you train' courses at TBPI to learn to do body piercing. I inadvertently paid $25 for a tattoo course instead of a body piercing course. I immediately followed their instructions on the website and emailed them to request a refund, as I had immediately paid the $25 for the correct body piercing course. I also filled out all needed form to request my 'student ID number', as this was needed for email communication with them, I was told to expect contact and my student number in 7 days. I received 1 generated email stating I would here from them shortly in regards to my information I had sent.

A week went by, more emails were sent and I even called the number listed on their website during business hours. I left a message stating I was due a refund and had to yet to hear from them. More time passed and I still heard nothing and received no refund. It finally came to the point towards the end of January that I had to contact my bank to file a formal complaint a request for a reversal of both charges, the original one I mistakenly made and the one for the course I was going to take due to failure on their part to fulfill their duties to their students.

The website has a large notice that states "family emergency", and there was a blog updating visitors on the condition of one of the owners and her battle with cancer. The blog has not been updated since October of 2008, and the same family emergency message has been up. I am concerned that nobody is manning this website anymore, yet they are still collecting money from unsuspecting 'students'.

portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2009 02:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tattoo-And-Body-Piercing-Institute/LODI-New-Jersey-07644/Tattoo-And-Body-Piercing-Institute-body-piercing-online-apprenticeships-tattoo-school-pay-427334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tattoo And Body Piercing Institute