Complaint Review: Taura Bali

• Submitted: Sun, November 07, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, November 07, 2010

• Reported By: Andrew — Perth Internet Australia
Taura Bali
Jl. Br. Babakan No. 1 Kerobokan, Kuta, Select State/Province United States of America

Taura Bali ,Agencies Bali Villas, Bhuana Bali Bogus Bali Travel agent's collude to distroy family holiday plans. Kerobokan, Kuta, Other

My family had decided to stay in a villa in Bali for my Brother in Laws 40th Birthday. We researched a suitable villa, discused the options with various Balinese "Booking Agents" and then paid the deposit (50% nearly 12 months in advance).  The three families (six adults and six children) then booked our flights and then relaxed as we thought our holiday plans were set. Three or four months later we tried to contact the Booking Agent (Taura Bali) and didn't recieve a response, then we started to get concerned.  Firstly we had been dealing with Febri (Taura Bali), everything seemed to be going well, and when we recieved the invoice, it was from "Bhuana Bali", with the account name "CV. The Agencies". Very interesting in hindsight, however all the booking information on the invoice was correct so we proceeded with the payment.  When we hadn't been able to contact Febri by his website http://www.taurabali.com/, I rang the Manager (Made Leo) as documented on the "Bhuana Bali" website http://www.bhuanabali.com/. Made Leo advised me that he couldn't find the invoice and to forward it to him via the email address at http://www.agencies-bali-villas.com/. His explanation was that he bought the "Bhuana Bali" web-site and didn't like it. I advised him that this is where I got his phone number from, and magically the next day the number was removed from the site.  When I sent the invoice through to Made Leo at info@agencies-bali-villas.com he replied that he had conducted the transaction for his friend, given them the money, and they have now left the country.

There are two issues here, (1) I am now over US$2300 out of pocket, and (2) What would have happened if they had managed to keep up the scam an get us to make the final payment? Can you imagine what it would be like to arrive in Bali for a family holiday with 6 young children, no money left for accomodation, and nowhere to stay?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2010 12:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Taura-Bali/Kerobokan-Kuta-Select-StateProvince-80361/Taura-Bali-Agencies-Bali-Villas-Bhuana-Bali-Bogus-Bali-Travel-agents-collude-to-distroy-659217. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Taura Bali