Complaint Review: Tax Audit

• Submitted: Wed, April 10, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, April 10, 2013

• Reported By: Rajeev — Jersey City New Jersey
Tax Audit
7803 madison ave, suite a-100 Citrus Heights, California United States of America

Tax Audit Tax Resources Tax Resources is a big fraud, do not pay Turbotax for Audit Protection Citrus Heights, California

Guys, I hope everyone that is using Turbotax sees these complaints. NO ONE should EVER take audit protection through Tax Resources/Tax Audit when they use Turbotax. I did for 2010 and paid dearly.

I was audited by the IRS. Tax Resources was supposed to provide me with a representative to represent me in the audit. I diligently prepared all the documents needed for the audit. But the representative failed to turn up and neither was I informed. So I received an NoD (notice of deficiency) from the IRS along with a HUGE bill. The company did not accept responsibility. However, they agreed to help represent me - first filed a case in the US Tax Court (which they said they wouldn't represent me) and then said they would work with the appeals office for an out of court settlement.

I spent about 300 hours preparing detailed receipts and reports on business expenses. Finally, they met with the IRS. However, my gigantic bill was barely reduced by 30% although I had proof of expenses for most of the expenses.

I decided to talk to the IRS appeals officer myself to request that my bills be considered. I realized that Tax Resources had done nothing but pass my documentation to the IRS. I repeat - Tax Resources DID NOTHING that would help my case. Instead the lawyer called me and angrily asked that I not talk to the IRS directly - and simply withdrew from the case. Tax Resources sent me notices that they would not represent me. Finally, I had to negotiate with the IRS on my own and I managed to reduce the tax bill by 70%.

I wish I had never paid these cheats any money and I wish I had done the audit on my own right from the beginning instead of going through 2 harrowing years. I repeat Tax Resources did nothing to help me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2013 08:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tax-Audit/Citrus-Heights-California-95610/Tax-Audit-Tax-Resources-Tax-Resources-is-a-big-fraud-do-not-pay-Turbotax-for-Audit-Protec-1042345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax Audit