Complaint Review: Tax Care Professionals,INC

• Submitted: Mon, January 11, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, April 06, 2010

• Reported By: Tony — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Tax Care Professionals,INC
7080 Hollywood Blvd. 4th Floor Los Angeles, CA. Los Angeles, Georgia United States of America

Tax Care Professionals,INC Tom Taglang, Lizette Gomez, Maricela Varela, Ani Labayan, Anna Akopyan, They took my money $7500. and this company did no work gave me the run around for over a year and then in December of 2009 I found out that tapparently went out of business the phones are disconnected Los Angeles, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Tax Care Pro Scam

I was concerned about making sure that my taxes were handled properly. I suspected that I may owe back taxes and I was trying to avoid any tax liens so I decided to invest in making sure that I handled this business about my taxes, so I contacted this company called that I'd found via the internet and found the website of the company called, "Tax Care Professionals". When I called the company directly at the time I spoke with a man named "Tom Taglang". That was back in August of 2008. Tom explained to me what the company did and how they were going to handle my case and what I was required in order for them to begin working on my case, at that time I felt satisfied even though now I realize that when I asked him about the attorneys but he side stepped the question. Tom told me that my service since I had both personal and business tax issues that my fee would be $7500 so I payed a down payment of $1500 at that time and I told Tom that I was going to visit him so I could make sure that this company was legit. [continued below]....
..... I then flew to Los Angeles, CA. to meet with Tom and I saw the office on Hollywood Blvd everything look legitimate and I felt satisfied that this was a real company and Tom seem like a gracious person he met me in the lobby and answered my questions. When I returned back to Atlanta Tom sent paper work for me to fill out and he gave me the contact people in the office that they called client reps. I filled out all the necessary paper work that the company said that they needed from me, and I payed the rest of the money which was $6000 in October. In 2009 around April they asked me to fill out the same paper work that I'd filled out the year before saying that they needed it to be updated because it was a new year and some other reason so I did. After some months went by and I found out that Tom Taglang was no longer with the company and Miss Maricela Verela, and Anna Akopyan, who were considered the administrative assistance to help me with my case, and I'd never been able to reach Maricela, how ever I did reach Anna once. There was also a person named Libby who was very cordial and helpful but she didn't know much and Libby had left the company as well. Now the last person that I spoke to in regards to my case back in September 4th of 2009, her name was Lizette Gomez. Lizette informed me that I needed to fill out the same forms again for the 3rd time. This time I was suspicious and frankly I was also a bit outraged, and  I asked for my money to be returned to me because I felt by this time that I knew that something was not right, I mean that I knew that something seemed fishy because Lizzette was very vague about my questions very unapoligetic and she didn't sound like she knew what she was talking about either. Lizette sounded like a damn robbot to me. She informed me that the company had gone through some changes and they had also hired new attorneys. I said "what", and I wanted to know who these attorneys were. She wouldn't tell me. Then I really knew that I was in trouble as far as my investment was concerned, because how does a company that is run by attorneys hire new attorneys to handle cases that they don't discuss with the clients? At that time I suspected that I'd been ripped off. i still filled out the forms for the 3rd time, and there were quite a few to fill out. I called the company in December and none of the numbers worked any more I was literally sick to my stomach because $7500 is a lot of money, I'd never spent that much money at one time on anything before at one time, and I did this business with them in an effort to correct my personal and business taxes with the IRS so I was also concerned, or should I say scared, that my situation with the IRS must now be in jepardy of further action against me if this company never did anything. Tax Care Professionals never did anything with my case they just took my money ripped me off and now I want action and I don't want this to happen to any one else. The company's web site has been taken down and I don't know what to do now. I went on the internet and googled the question: Has there been any clase action against this company? and I found that there were many more people that had lost money with this company also and they were also offering that if there were any other people interested in doing a class action suit to let them know. No none of these other people mentioned any of there contact info or I would have contacted all of them because I want justice in this matter and I want my money returned to me and I want these scammers to face judgement so they can pay for ruining peoples lives by taking there hard earned money. Can someone help me and the other people that have lost money because of this rip off company?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2010 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tax-Care-ProfessionalsINC/Los-Angeles-Georgia-90028/Tax-Care-ProfessionalsINC-Tom-Taglang-Lizette-Gomez-Maricela-Varela-Ani-Labayan-Anna-552780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax Care Professionals,INC

Tax Care Pro Scam

AUTHOR: PissedOff_CA - (United States of America)

Hi Tony,

My husband and I have had almost the EXACT same experience at Tax Care "Professionals"  I will be filing a separate complaint report on this site and with the Better Business Bureau.  I never knew about this great website until this afternoon!!!!

We are also very interested in a Class Action lawsuit.  Feel free to contact us at

mtoyawright@yahoo.com  Yes, there seems to be several other people that have a similiar issue.  Read my complaint report over the next day or so.  And, anyone else there please free to contact me!!!

This whole situation regarding ths company is appalling in addition to other "adjectives" I can think of.  We work very hard just to "survive" and to have a company outright "rob" you of several $1,000's of dollars is just lower than low...........

Filing a complaint with the Attorney General's Office with the State of California will be a lot of help to discredit this organization, also filling with the state B.A.R Association will also go a long way. We are planning on doing just that.......

I hope we all get a resolution and refunds!!! Hang in there.....!!!!

Lorraine