Complaint Review: Tax Defense Network

• Submitted: Wed, November 14, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By: Ellie — Tujunga California United States of America
Tax Defense Network
13901 Sutton Park Drive, So, Jacksonville, Flori Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

Tax Defense Network No information until you pay in full Jacksonville , Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Please Contact Our Client Care Department

I had a tax bill to negotiate which was large. For several weeks I was working with Tax Defense Network sending in powers of attorney and various other communications before receiving services.They had me divide my payment of $3,650 into 6 payments as I did not have the money to pay it all immediately.

This is a service to negotiate down a bill with the State of California.

The people who talk at the beginning are helpful non-lawyers.  They set it up so that you talk with paralegals and the lawyer never engaged with me. I was getting concerned that they were telling me bits of information hinting that I would not receive any breaks because I have a good income and they suggested the government would come after all my assets if I did need to negotiate.  This piece of information came just before I was paying my last auto payment of $700.

People were always helpful on the phone but I always was left hanging with no real information or details or any discussion at all over a 6 month period with an attorney although I had signed power of attorney and had to trust that they talked with the State. I found out they did not even give my current correct address to the state.  I had to pay almost the entire bill before being told that there was no change to my tax bill.  Now the only difference was that I was out $3650 that I did not have to pay the tax bill with.  They also possibly lied when they said they are the only agency that can deal with State of CA.  I don't know if that is true and now that I am finished paying I am dealing directly with the State tax board. I am writing this report so that no one else deals with them. It is far better to negotiate yourself with the government as they want to collect taxes and have been very helpful and cooperative.  Don't get ripped off by TDN.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2012 04:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tax-Defense-Network/Jacksonville-Florida-32224/Tax-Defense-Network-No-information-until-you-pay-in-full-Jacksonville-Florida-969281. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax Defense Network

Please Contact Our Client Care Department

AUTHOR: TDN Representative - (United States of America)

@Ellie I apologize that you have not been informed on the specifics about your case. We always strive to keep our clients fully informed through the resolution process so that they know exactly what we are doing for them, and most importantly, what we can do for them. Please contact our Gold Star Client Care Department at: 1-877-856-5118, or through email at: ClientCare@taxdefensenetwork.com, to get full disclosure on how our licensed tax professionals negotiated your case with the state of California. We can better explain exactly what was done and why.