Complaint Review: Tax Defense Network

Tax Defense Network

Tax Defense Network Please beware Internet

*UPDATE Employee: We have yet to hear from you

*UPDATE Employee: Good Standing with the Florida AG

I received a certified mail letter from the IRS warning that unless I paid them $66,890 within 30 days they were going to levy me.  I couldnt sleep for nights thinking about the call I would have to make explaining to them the fact that I just did not have that kind of money at the moment.  I
went on the internet to see what options were open to me.  Looking at a consumer organized website I was encouraged to call the Tax defense Network.

When I called they explained that they could help me, but my gut feelings told me that I was being sold by a salesperson so I decided to do some further research.  Not being a fan of the Better
Business Bureau I went right to the top and called the Attorney General of Florida to see what their records showed.  I was stunned at the number of complaints and/or inquiries they had on record, some of which were recent.

Further investigation led to me learning that their owners had a past which confirmed
my gut feeling.  Anyone looking to deal with a Florida based tax attorney company should do themselves a favor and call the Attorney Generals office at 850-414-3990.  They themselves said that they welcome inquiries as their mission is to protect consumers.

As a result of my research I did find a company and am happy with the work they are doing so far.  I still cant believe that a consumer organized website on the internet would suggest the Tax Defense Network?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2012 08:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tax-Defense-Network/internet/Tax-Defense-Network-Please-beware-Internet-969577. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax Defense Network

We have yet to hear from you

AUTHOR: TDN Representative - (United States of America)

We are eager to talk with you about our standing with the Florida Attorney General as we do not want you to have any false information about our company. Please call us immediately so we can give you the facts you need.

Good Standing with the Florida AG

AUTHOR: TDN Representative - (United States of America)

Tax Defense Network is in good standing with the Florida Attorney
General's office, and we always encourage all taxpayers to thoroughly research the
companies they consider hiring. We ask that if you would like to discuss our
current standing with the AG you can call our Director of Client Relations, Lee
Singleton, at 904-309-8156 as we are confused by your review.