Complaint Review: Tax Defense Network

Tax Defense Network
13901 Sutton Park Drive Ste 220 Internet United States of America

Tax Defense Network scam, fraud, better business bureau, rip off Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Just Do Not Use Tax Services on The Radio

*Consumer Suggestion: What to do if you've been ripped off by Tax Defense Network

*UPDATE Employee: We Haven't Heard From You

*UPDATE Employee: Please Call Gold Star Customer Care

I contacted Tax Defense Network because I was in trouble with the IRS and needless to say embarrassed about it, so reaching out was tough. They had a good rating with the Better Business Bureau so despite the representatives rude behavior on the telephone I agreed to hire them. They told me if I didn't, I'd be facing jail time, which I found out later was a lie. I was in trouble with the IRS, but not that much trouble. I felt like I was strong armed into an agreement that I knew very little about. Without telling me, Tax Defense Network gave themselves power of attorney to sign all my documents and put in paperwork that basically makes it so you don't pay your taxes until the IRS processes the papers which takes up to two years. These papers don't decrease the amount you owe-all they do is buy time and once you file them you can't take them back. My issue was never that I needed more time. I will still be unable to pay what they're saying I owe in a few years. I needed a reduction not extra time. Now, this weight will be held over me for years and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. Tax Defense Network never consulted with me first and when I called demanding my money back they told me no way. I feel ripped off and appalled that this happened.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2012 07:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tax-Defense-Network/internet/Tax-Defense-Network-scam-fraud-better-business-bureau-rip-off-Internet-864708. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax Defense Network

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Just Do Not Use Tax Services on The Radio

AUTHOR: TysonSchmidt - (USA)

I called Tax Defense Network and they told me it would be $8000 to handle my case. I called Blue Tax another advertised firm and they said $9000.

I then went to google and found tons of complaints on both companies. I kept searching and I ended up hiring Tax Resolution Professionals, a law firm in CA to handle it for me and their total fee with everything was about $3500. It took almost a year but they settled my $190k debt for $500 and they told me from the beginning it would take awhile.

When I called TDN it was all high pressure sales, just like blue tax was as well. I talked to my attorney Robert at TRP and he said that all the radio advertised firms have very high costs in advertising and that he used to work at a similar firm and the cost for these radio companies to even get a client is usually around 1500-3000$ before they start working on it. He also said many of the things companies like TDN do are simple things your tax preparer should do anyway.

The lesson learned is essentially all these radio and TV advertised companies are grossly overpriced, give worse service and its really all about high pressure sales. If you owe a substantial amount I would try TRP as if you do need the help they were much cheaper, not high pressure, and the result was excellent. Their website is www.taxresolutionprofessionals.com and phone (888) 515-4829. I have now referred three friends to them, one of which the consultation resolved for him. They really did not seem to be after people's mone as much as TDN was. TDN seemed more like a boiler room.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

What to do if you've been ripped off by Tax Defense Network

AUTHOR: JG Tax Group - (United States of America)

If you have complaints about Tax Defense Network, please read this article: http://www.jgtaxgroup.com/ripoff-reports/tax-defense-network. Also, contact the Attorney Generals Office here: http://myfloridalegal.com/contact, and the Better Business Bureau here: https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

We Haven't Heard From You

AUTHOR: TDN Representative - (United States of America)

We have yet to hear from you about this matter. We urge you to please contact us through our Customer Care Department so we can resolve this issue with you and move forward in our business relationship. Please contact Gold Star Customer Care at 1-877-856-5118 today.

Please Call Gold Star Customer Care

AUTHOR: TDN Representative - (United States of America)

Lily I want to sincerely apologize that you feel you were wronged by Tax Defense Network, as we strive to give our clients the most ideal experience during their time with us. Please contact Gold Star Customer Care at 1-877-856-5118 or email them at ClientCare@taxdefensenetwork.com as soon as possible, so we can resolve this issue. We look forward to speaking with you soon.